No Google Apps...

31 minutes ago, cassa36 said:

clickbait title

Thank you for your informative, well reasoned and in depth input to

this thread.

What you have to consider in a community forum is are the posters gaining anything by creating what you consider a click bait title? Do we gain anything financially by having people click on a thread? The answer is no, nothing, nada, not a penny. Most people here are simply sharing news they find interesting, nothing more.

16 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

Thank you for your informative, well reasoned and in depth input to

this thread.

What you have to consider in a community forum is are the posters gaining anything by creating what you consider a click bait title? Do we gain anything financially by having people click on a thread? The answer is no, nothing, nada, not a penny. Most people here are simply sharing news they find interesting, nothing more.

You're right, you gain nothing. All the more reason not to put a clickbait title, what is a news headline if it tells you nothing but a vague, suggestive quip?

2 hours ago, Taipingwheel said:

Isn't Google already out of China?

No. Google cancelled their search engine project for China if I remember correct. 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

That's almost a selling point for me. Though unfortunately there will be other things I don't particularly like on them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

Why is this a problem? Just download gapps if you want them?

It also means the next Huawei phone will not have access to the Google Play app store, leaving customers excluded from part of the Android ecosystem.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

18 hours ago, miagisan said:

No. Google cancelled their search engine project for China if I remember correct. 

Google hasn't had much of a real business in China for a long time.  The search engine was going to be their road in, in a limited form.

19 hours ago, miagisan said:

Im pretty sure it still going on, they just fired/move employee that didn't agree to the project.

Magical Pineapples

This made the Mate 30 Pro a whole lot more interesting.  If I were looking for a next phone, it would certainly be on my shortlist now.  I'd still prefer something with an unlocked bootloader tho. 

As for the concerns about the Chinese government spying on Huawei devices, I'd rather have the Chinese do it than the US.  Lesser of two evils and all that stuff. 

huawei's App Store already has a lot of copy repos from play store, mainly for south Asian market. some of the carrier phone there doesn't have google either bypass carrier demand or just cost saving. I know that miui store ( chinese version) can already auto install google service for you when you download YouTube etc from their app store. HUAWEI can prob play the same trick. they also still own a large marketshare so they can renegotiate term for individual service like Netflix or Spotify. it would cost google more than HUAWEI when they setup their own eco system. remember few years back Amazon is selling the mate 20 with Amazon stuff and alexa preinstalled, those things will just be more.

these are the screen shot from my international version of vivo nex, all those app are official version approved by Facebook etc, I can't see huawei not to do the same.

Screenshot_20190831_072307.jpg

Screenshot_20190831_072235.jpg

Mind you there are software out there that can unlock the bootloader these days.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 8/29/2019 at 9:19 AM, LAwLz said:

The enthusiast community will be able to sideload those things, but it will certainly be a massive blow to the mainstream appeal (and Huawei profits) of the device. 

Not having the google services spy an everything my phone does is also a great plus.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´