My review of the Lepa aquachanger 240 AIO

Hello everyone, this is my review of the Lepa aquachanger 240 AIO.

First time hearing Lepa as a brand? You are not alone, and you may think that this is some low quality chinese product. This is not. Lepa is actually Enermax's company, and the AIO I recived was well packaged and feels premium in the hands. It has a 240mm radiator with two 120mm high astetic pressure fan. The block is copper and has a ceramic bearing pump - it's absolutely noiseless. In addition it has red LED lighting so you will know that the pump is working. In the box you will find the mounting hardware for it, mine came with the AM4 compatible one, you should look for it on the box before buying, because the previous revisions only have compatibility up to AM3+. The rubber hose is easily positionable and very rigid with it's interesting materials. It's like an onion ( hello there fellow Shrek fans ), has multiple layers starting from the inside to outside: bendable plastic layer - rubber - copper net - rubber. Installing the AIO was pretty straight forward, but if you stuck in the process the manual will help you step to step. In the box you will also find a PWM fan splitter in case your motherboard only has one PWM connetor, and a molex to 3 pin fan in case you don't have a 3 pin fan header to connect your pump. They also included thermal paste, but I haven't tested it, I went for MX-4.

Supported AMD sockets: AM4 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2 / FM2+ / FM2 / FM1

Supported Intel sockets: LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 1150 / 775

I tested my unit with an AMD FX-8350 overclocked to 4,8Ghz @ 1,332V and compared it with the Arctic Freezer A30 ( With the Same OC ). I used Arctic MX-4 as the thermal paste. The fans were set to 75% with SpeedFan ( normal day use, not too loud but still enough airflow )

Max temperature after 15x cinabench R15 runs:

-Lepa AIO: 55 Celsius

-Freezer A30: 79 celsius

Max temperature after playing the same race against the same bots in Forza horizon 4 ( 30 minute race )

-Lepa AIO: 37 Celsius

-Freezer A30: 62 Celsius

In conclusion: The Lepa aquachanger 240 is an excelent budget AIO, witch has good build quality and a nice industrial-like look to it. If you look for something flashy this is not your product due to the lack of RGB, but if you want a budget focused AIO I can recommend it ?

Pictures: Box, Block, fans and test CPU.

20190815_212139.jpg

20190813_204902.jpg

20190813_204907.jpg

silicon_lottery.png

system out println("Please don't drop it Linus!");

Setup:

Thinkpad W530 😕 

sus not cis

Some comic sans because why not

Calling it now, it took you as long to type all of that as it did to change the colors of each word xD

4 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Calling it now, it took you as long to type all of that as it did to change the colors of each word xD

Maybe ?

system out println("Please don't drop it Linus!");

Setup:

Thinkpad W530 😕 

sus not cis

Some comic sans because why not