New Aorus x570 Ultra not posting - LEDS bounce between CPU and DRAM

I just helped a friend build a new high-end system, and we have yet to see any video output or bios screens.  The system is as follows:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra

G-Skill Trident Z 32gb 3600

Gigabyte Aorus Nvidia RTX 2080ti

EVGA G3 1000 watt PSU

Samsung 970 Evo 500gb (OS, first m.2 slot)

Intel 660p 2tb NVME (second m.2 slot)

Seagate 3tb Barracuda HDD

Enermax Liqtech 360 AIO

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

The OS is not yet installed, but it will be Windows 10 Pro 1903 64bit.

Current BIOS is F4i

The parts assembled without any problems, no drops, no extra force needed, no signs of damage to any component.

Once we got the system built, we hooked it up to a monitor via HDMI (old cable, not 2.0) from the GPU. When we turned it on, the memory lit up, all fans were spinning, but no post.  The four debugg LEDS (why no Qcode display gigabyte??) showed that the DRAM led was lit, but would jump back and forth between CPU and DRAM.  It never settled completely on DRAM.

Steps attempted:

Updated BIOS to F4i

Restarted several times

tried a different cable

waited to see if it was just taking ages

Added a mobo speaker, but it didnt produce any beeps

Prior to assembly, I used a thermaltake PSU tester on the EVGA G3. All clear there.

next steps:

clear CMOS

try an older bios

try two Dimms

try a different memory kit

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?  Ive seen that Aorus boards are having some bios issues on X570, but couldnt find more details.

20190814_090021.thumb.jpg.5fd0dd29953b8000fb9505a88bd4277b.jpg20190814_090027.thumb.jpg.9d42baec4b8bac17e4af396c09f8f852.jpg

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

Try turning it on with only one ram module installed in slot 1. If it is still throwing out CPU and Dram LEDs it could mean there is an issue with the CPU either bent pins or it just needs to be reseated. 

Was the ram kit used checked to be compatible with the motherboard before purchase?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Try turning it on with only one ram module installed in slot 1. If it is still throwing out CPU and Dram LEDs it could mean there is an issue with the CPU either bent pins or it just needs to be reseated. 

Was the ram kit used checked to be compatible with the motherboard before purchase?

Thanks for your reply! Ill try that when Im home from work.  I carefully inspected the CPU pins and socket prior to installing it. It went in with zero force and there were no signs that it was installed incorrectly. The memory (and all parts actually) were fresh out of their sealed original boxes, but we didnt have a chance to bench test any parts.

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

7 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

Thanks for your reply! Ill try that when Im home from work.  I carefully inspected the CPU pins and socket prior to installing it. It went in with zero force and there were no signs that it was installed incorrectly. The memory (and all parts actually) were fresh out of their sealed original boxes, but we didnt have a chance to bench test any parts.

I meant was the ram kit "you" used  checked to be compatible with the motherboard before purchase. I wasn't asking if it was bought used. Just that if you made sure the ram kit model number was on the compatibility list for the motherboard, usually it doesn't really matter but ryzen is a bit more picky with ram.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I meant was the ram kit "you" used  checked to be compatible with the motherboard before purchase. I wasn't asking if it was bought used. Just that if you made sure the ram kit model number was on the compatibility list for the motherboard, usually it doesn't really matter but ryzen is a bit more picky with ram.

My apologies, I misread.  I had not checked the QVL, but had assumed that g.skill trident Z was a safe bet.  I just checked, and the exact model number is not present.

• 1 month later...

Did you find out what causing this issue?

I have the same problem, with my 3900x and aorus ultra.
he only difference that my pc worked with my rams for 4 days. I tried different rams - same issue. The strange thing is that i get the same error if i didn't put any ram in the mobo :/ 

I checked the rams in an another pc, they works fine. The PSU also good. 

I am thinking about RMA the mobo, but first i will buy an another cheap cpu (Ryzen 1200) to test it.

• 1 month later...

Did you find a solution to this because I am having the same issue with a ryzen 2600 with a aorus M board. I found that if I pull the NVMe (SN500 WD Blue), which should be compatible with this board according to the manufacturer, when I do that, it will post. I've updated the bios and still nothing. Would be interested if any of you found a fix. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem.

a) I assembled my new PC and powered on and started to install windows 10.

b) During windows 10 installation, after rebooting 1-2 automatically the system got stuck.

c) The DRAM LED remains on and I cannot get access to the BIOS anymore - simply stays there.

I am desperate. I have tried all your suggestions + others: Upgraded BIOS, Downgraded BIOS (using Flash button), swapping RAMS, all, single, BIOS reset, CMOS Battery removal, plugged/unplugged all power cables, power supply, removed and replaced back CPU and CPU fan ...

It is a 3600x based with  Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Gb, Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold, Gigabyte 5500xt GPU and Sharkoon 25W chassis.

Any ideas? (Apart from the obvious of returning back the motherboard?)

Thanks

Dimitris.