New Gaming PC

Would anyone change anything in this build or does it seem like a good option?  I am thinking of replacing my 2013 Gaming PC with this option.  If anyone has any ideas of items to change, that is greatly appreciated.  I like to do mid-tier gaming, nothing too heavy.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Bruuuuhhh 32GB of ram? Go easy and get 16, alter you can upgrade to 32 if you need to.

Then reinvest that into a nicer PSU (Corsair RM for example)

Also get some faster 3600 Ram, this helps Ryzen 2 considerably. Preferred are low timings too. I dont think its on YT jet, but LTT testet different RAM speeds for Ryzen. I think 3600 with modest but not slow timings was the sweet spot 

Is the QVO thought to be mass storage?

Cooler: Is ok but this is a AIO, where there are many air coolers wich are better. Get a NHD15. Better and quieter

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

32GB Ram for gaming is too much. even 8GB can do well in AAA titles like Battlefields 5. if you want a lot of rams, go with 16 dual channel. 

want to be upgradeable? go single-channel 16GB. tbh i only recommend using 32GB for higher spec CPU like i7,i9, Xeon, Ryzen 7, Rzen 9, Ryzen Threadripper. 

as for the cooler, better get another like. dual or triple fan radiator.

H150i 350MM Corsair

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

7 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

want to be upgradeable? go single-channel 16GB. tbh i only recommend using 32GB for higher spec CPU like i7,i9, Xeon, Ryzen 7, Rzen 9, Ryzen Threadripper. 

Sorry, but please DONT go single Chanel! Especially not on Ryzen 2. It kills the performance badly!

Also the performance of such a Ryzen 2 is on pair with at least a i7 and some Xeons. The amount of Ram need is not really connected to the CPU spec or even name. 

But simply yes: 16GB is the sweet spot for Gaming and everything above unnecessary.

7 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

H150i 350MM Corsair

Suer that would be better but  it is expensive than a D15. Everyone wants and likes AIOS, because they look nice and you can say "damn bro I am on water" but in reality a good Noctua/BeQuiet etc performs on pair or even better and (most of the time) at same or even lower volumes. Plus there are only the fans moving. Noctua fans dont die, but if replacing is not expensive, whereas a failed pump in a AIO requires a new unit.

So: I am no big fan of AIOs

18 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

RM is at terribel prices right now, better would be the formula gold 550 for $70 on newegg. 

19 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Also get some faster 3600 Ram, this helps Ryzen 2 considerably. Preferred are low timings too. I dont think its on YT jet, but LTT testet different RAM speeds for Ryzen. I think 3600 with modest but not slow timings was the sweet spot 

relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

For gaming, zen 2 scales terribly above 3000mhz, not worth it at all. 

1 minute ago, hello_there_123 said:

RM is at terribel prices right now, better would be the formula gold 550 for $70 on newegg. 

also fine.

2 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

For gaming, zen 2 scales terribly above 3000mhz, not worth it at all. 

wait for the LTT video, they got different results with a bigger perf gap. Also the price delta is not that much

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

wait for the LTT video, they got different results with a bigger perf gap. Also the price delta is not that much

About $17 or so, which is pretty sizeable. Although i will admit that the price gap is a lot smaller than i expected.

5 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

My take on that:

Mobo: sure fine, but depends if OP needs x570 or wants to OC hard (guess hell be fine with yours)

Storage: Meh, ok but Samsung IS faster

Case: ok, depends on OPs taste. Both nice to build in :)

PSU: ok, fine and better than OPs

RAM: Discussed above

Fans: Bruh, OP should stick with Noctua or something in between but those are... loud 

Cooler: Boxed is ok but not for oc/ super silence. Again depends on OPs taste

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

My take on that:

Mobo: sure fine, but depends if OP needs x570 or wants to OC hard (guess hell be fine with yours)

Storage: Meh, ok but Samsung IS faster

Case: ok, depends on OPs taste. Both nice to build in :)

PSU: ok, fine and better than OPs

RAM: Discussed above

Fans: Bruh, OP should stick with Noctua or something in between but those are... loud 

Cooler: Boxed is ok but not for oc/ super silence. Again depends on OPs taste

Mobo: b450-a pro can take 3600 to as big clockspeed as any x570 under the stock cooler. Only on LN2 will an x570 be better 

Storage: Not important for gaming-only consumers. There will be no difference. 

Fan: 120mm-Fans-by-dBA.pngD

You call that loud? 

Cooler: Considering the 3600's wattage pull and voltage curve, the best value proposition would be the stock cooler for max ghz. 

1 minute ago, hello_there_123 said:

Mobo: b450-a pro can take 3600 to as big clockspeed as any x570 under the stock cooler. Only on LN2 will an x570 be better 

or for the extra stuff and connectors coming on x570, but yeah as discussed this mobo will probably be fine for him

2 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

You call that loud? 

Cooler: Considering the 3600's wattage pull and voltage curve, the best value proposition would be the stock cooler for max ghz. 

Yes I do. I am very much focused on silence. I dont wanna hear my pc :D. I run all my fans at 850. Moving enough air there is the key.

But sure Stock cooler is fine... WHEN: no OC and not being used to 100% Noctua goodness. When stressing the CPU the wraith can be heard, whereas a D15 would not really care 

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Bruuuuhhh 32GB of ram? Go easy and get 16, alter you can upgrade to 32 if you need to.

Is the QVO thought to be mass storage?

Cooler: Is ok but this is a AIO, where there are many air coolers wich are better. Get a NHD15. Better and quieter

The 32GB of Ram was only an extra $30, I agree with upgrading the power supply and looking into faster ram. I'll look into a better Air Cooling option.  Yes, the QVO is for mass storage.

1 hour ago, Wolfycapt said:

32GB Ram for gaming is too much. even 8GB can do well in AAA titles like Battlefields 5. if you want a lot of rams, go with 16 dual channel. 

H150i 350MM Corsair

I hear single-channel memory is not good for your bandwidth.  I would definitely go dual channel here.

1 hour ago, hello_there_123 said:

I'd prefer the new X570 motherboard standard for the new Ryzen CPU's.  Otherwise, I like this build.

56 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

or for the extra stuff and connectors coming on x570, but yeah as discussed this mobo will probably be fine for him

Yes I do. I am very much focused on silence. I dont wanna hear my pc :D. I run all my fans at 850. Moving enough air there is the key.

But sure Stock cooler is fine... WHEN: no OC and not being used to 100% Noctua goodness. When stressing the CPU the wraith can be heard, whereas a D15 would not really care 

I'd definitely get the new X570 Mobo.

1 minute ago, Chickenfans said:

I'd prefer the new X570 motherboard standard for the new Ryzen CPU's.  Otherwise, I like this build.

Any particular reason as to why?

1 minute ago, Chickenfans said:

I'd definitely get the new X570 Mobo.

why? Its only needed for big time OC, PCIe 4.0 or some special features only found on high end boards

Does anyone think I should change out the GPU for an RTX 2070 or is the 5700XT adequate?

2 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

Does anyone think I should change out the GPU for an RTX 2070 or is the 5700XT adequate?

It has the potential to become better. AMD is know for diver optimizations over time with those new architectures like Navi/RDNA is :).

Also 2070 price/perf sucks bls.

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

why? Its only needed for big time OC, PCIe 4.0 or some special features only found on high end boards

5 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

Any particular reason as to why?

I would go X570 because of some new features, also because its the newest technology and I'm an enthusiast, but mainly because of compatibility issues with the newest gen Ryzen CPU's and the B450 boards.  I'd rather just not take my chances and know that it will work, even if that comes at a premium cost.  Unless I specifically know I won't have to update the BIOS, (with an older gen Ryzen CPU).  Then I'd consider the B450 over the X570.

3 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

I would go X570 because of some new features, also because its the newest technology and I'm an enthusiast, but mainly because of compatibility issues with the newest gen Ryzen CPU's and the B450 boards.  I'd rather just not take my chances and know that it will work, even if that comes at a premium cost.  Unless I specifically know I won't have to update the BIOS, (with an older gen Ryzen CPU).  Then I'd consider the B450 over the X570.

When you make your seller update the bios its fine also the new tech is tech nobody needs (nowadays) and yes I want it to

but for pure gaming... why?

5 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

When you make your seller update the bios its fine also the new tech is tech nobody needs (nowadays) and yes I want it to

but for pure gaming... why?

The truth is that yes, nobody needs it, but I have yet to find manufacture or seller updated boards.  Some manufacturers don’t list that they have updated the boards to the newest BIOS, so we would be gambling if it was updated or not.  When you try to contact some manufacturers customer service teams, asking if they have updated them or if they can, they usually can’t help you unless you have “a certified serial number”, basically telling you they can’t help unless you have already purchased the board.  Which then when you buy it they tell you it’s not their problem that the CPU is not compatible.

35 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

the MSI MAX motherboards will come shipped with a zen 2 compatible BIOS. you won't need the pci-e lanes that come with X570, and you won't need a pci-e 4.0 NVMe SSD anyways.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W