macbook air(2017) water damage

halblah

So my mom accidentally spilled water into her bag, which had her laptop stored vertically. We took it to a local repair shop and then Apple store, both of them said that there is a lot of damage and the display, the logic board needs to be replaced. So what can I do with this laptop? I have friends in Asia right now, are macbook parts cheaper in China? Also, I have pulled out the 128gb samsung nvme ssd, can I format it and put it into my PC?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, halblah said:

Just go watch all of louis rossman's videos, mostly just take the laptop apart yourself and see what might be damaged.

Otherwise you can get a Surface 3 used for like $200, might even come with the keyboard case and a pen.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

iirc the samsung nvme uses a proprietary connector so might not be usable on a normal pc, if it has a normal m.2 connector it will work

about the damage itself, if it is extensive the cost of the parts and the repairs might be closer to the cost of a new unit, so perhaps sell it as damaged to be used as spare parts and recover information from it and move to another laptop or macbook