Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

How about laser eye surgery, ie: PRK, LASIK, etc.?  Could be anything from a full-fledged video of a LTT fan getting their procedure done at one of the local outfits, to a techquickie segment describing the difference between PRK and LASIK (ie: surface ablation versus flap and corneal ablation!).

Especially with the VR goggles and Google Glass these days (which tend to be incompatible with glasses), there's bound to be at least some interest in vision treatments.

do dragontrail as fast as possible. Is it just gorilla glass just reworded? Are companies like Alcatel just scumbags for using it? Or is there actual differences just nobody seems to know what the differences are making it impossible to find with a 6hour Google and Bing search?

fast as possible frametiming, talking about how microstutters can happen despite having high frame rates and how framerate capping through solutions such as Rivatuner and your built in vsync options, and maybe a section on how sli affects frametimes. This Website briefly shows the frametime variation difference between SLI and CrossFire. Another thing to mention in the same realm is asynchronous timewarp.  http://wccftech.com/multi-gpu-nvidia-sli-amd-crossfire-performance-value-comparison/

I work extensively with commercial grade Leica and Riegl LiDAR systems for work. A Tech Quickie on LiDAR would be interesting, as people ask me about them all the time and are quite curious about what they do and how they work.

Modified Raijintek Metis Mini-ITX Case Build:

Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi Motherboard  |  Intel i5-6600K 3.5 GHz CPU  |  16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM  |  EVGA GTX 950 |  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD  | Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W  |  Noctua NH-D9L CPU Cooler  |  (3) Noctua NF-F12 Case Fans

Take a common 60FPS computer rig, then start to bottle neck a component individually until it hits a dramatic FPS loss or 30 FPS.

Eg: reduce clock speed until dramatic performance loss, return the system back to spec, then reduce ram speed or quantity until dramatic loss, then return to original spec, then video card swapped down until it drops to below 30FPS. Also a potentially common issue, 1 exhaust fan in a case without any other fan ventilation possibly causes thermal throttling. 

Do every main component that can factor playability of games. Including hard drives with can cause objects to appear long after they should have due to loading objects slowly in larger world style games.

The idea behind this is to determine minimum hardware for 60FPS and 30FPS, also when and where bottlenecks bring the rest of your system down.

This is a everyday struggle for some. I found my AMD 1075T bottlenecks Farcry Primal from 60 to 26FPS in the benchmark. Changed up to a 6800K clocked at 4GHZ and it holds 60FPS the whole time. V-sync on, I only like tearing on jeans. Zotac GTX 980 on both systems.

2 hours ago, System Error Message said:

Regarding the latest techquickie about google - 

it was posted on april fools.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos variant (Late 2018 - present) | Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 Edition (Late 2018 - present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2019 - present) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

On 4/25/2013 at 0:36 PM, Ghost said:

- Overclocking GPUs

More specifically I'd like to see the common ones overclocked at small equivalent intervals and a plot showing the overclock versus performance boost. Id like to see if overclocking linearly increases the speed of GPUs or does it plateau at a certain point. 

Why do people normally choose Windows over Mac?

Post Cursed Images HERE

View my Hard Drive Tier and Review list here

Specs:
Core i5 8400

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 2400MHz

Gigabyte AORUS Gaming Ultra Z370

NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

Samsung 850 EVO 256GB Solid State Drive

Seagate FireCuda 2TB Hybrid

EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W PSU

Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass Case

CoolerMaster Lite L RGB

Corsair Glaive RGB

ACER Predator XB1 4K Monitor from LMG

NZXT Hue+ 3 Pack 120AER RGB Fans

Server:

Intel Xeon E5645 @ 2.4GHz (2 CPUs)

Nvidia Geforce 210

16GB DDR3 ECC Memory

1 2TB WD RED NAS Drive

2x 128GB SSD's

6x 1TB WD Enterprise Drives

Level designing. What's important to do for designer so players can complete the game, why designer shouldn't do that to confuse players, etc, etc.

On 12/16/2016 at 3:43 PM, Dawson Wehage said:

Why do people normally choose Windows over Mac?

Games