Thaurane

Why not just try a different nvme ssd? Thats seems to be a one off issue with that drive, most nvme drives work fine, no issue.

What ssd did you have? What board?

You could just go sata and its fine for most gaming pcs and desktop uses. Or 12g sas if you want 2x the speed of a sata sd.

You can go raid card and have a raid array of sata/sas drives, but you still have much higherlatency and overhead compared to nvme.

You can go with other pcie drives like fustion io drives which are almost as fast as consumer nvme ssds, but can't be booted from and need drivers.

It seems like you should buy a new one and if that dosnt workout then For sata I would go with crucial. They are cheap and work great.

I'm having a simular issue with a Corsair MP510 (480gb) when put in an Asrock B450M-Pro4 mobo with a Ryzen 5 2400G, the ssd isn't found. The drive itself isn't faulty as I have tried it in another system (Asrock B250 something) and it worked just fine. So don't just assume it's DOA.

Just now, FadeToBlack1648 said:

I'm having a simular issue with a Corsair MP510 (480gb) when put in an Asrock B450M-Pro4 mobo with a Ryzen 5 2400G, the ssd isn't found. The drive itself isn't faulty as I have tried it in another system (Asrock B250 something) and it worked just fine. So don't just assume it's DOA.

so like faulty Lane?

5 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

so like faulty Lane?

I haven't figured out yet what the issue is. I still need to check with another nvme ssd, preferably one that's in the supported list on Asrock's site. The only one I have of those is the 950pro in this system and I don't really feel like pulling it out just yet to test.

A Samsung 960evo works as does a 32gb optane drive in the M.2 Ultra slot of the Asrock and the Corsair also works in my Gigabyte Z370 board, but the Corsair still doesn't show up on the Asrock B450. Bios issue with the Phison controller (12.2 firmware) of the Corsair?

3 hours ago, Thaurane said:

What is the current fastest read/write SSD that is not NVME?

--SNIP--

edit2: I got my answer on reddit. As much as I like the LTT channel this forum has twice in a row now bombarded me with questions/criticism when I asked a question that should have been a simple answer. I think I'll have to stop asking my questions here :/.

The fastest non-NVMe SSD will be limited to the speeds of SATA III 6Gb/s - with overhead, you're looking at around 550MB/s read & write maximum from any reputable brand's quality series of drives, such as Samsung's EVO lineup or Crucial's MX lineup.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8142/~/difference-between-sata-i%2C-sata-ii-and-sata-iii

Difference between SATA I, SATA II and SATA III

• SATA I (revision 1.x) interface, formally known as SATA 1.5Gb/s, is the first generation SATA interface running at 1.5 Gb/s. The bandwidth throughput, which is supported by the interface, is up to 150MB/s.
  • SATA II (revision 2.x) interface, formally known as SATA 3Gb/s, is a second generation SATA interface running at 3.0 Gb/s. The bandwidth throughput, which is supported by the interface, is up to 300MB/s.
  • SATA III (revision 3.x) interface, formally known as SATA 6Gb/s, is a third generation SATA interface running at 6.0Gb/s. The bandwidth throughput, which is supported by the interface, is up to 600MB/s. This interface is backwards compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s interface.

SATA II specifications provide backward compatibility to function on SATA I ports. SATA III specifications provide backward compatibility to function on SATA I and SATA II ports. However, the maximum speed of the drive will be slower due to the lower speed limitations of the port.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)