Purchase Advice, headphones for all.

Glement(Max)
3 hours ago, rice guru said:

also a dac takes digital audio and converts it to analog because that is what headphones and amps take.  basically anything that has 3.5 mm audio out has a dac like your pc and you phone or a mp3 player. most people will be happy with a 250 ohm dt 990 and a cheaper dac amp like the fx audio dac x6. I personally runa a topping d10 as my dac and a monoprice liquid spark as my amp. 

Why not to buy 2 in 1? Dac and amp in one box?

5 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

Why not to buy 2 in 1? Dac and amp in one box?

Nothing wrong with it if you need the space and are on a budget a DAC/amp unit is a Great option like the fx audio DAC x6 . It's just not powerful enough to power a 600 ohm headphone but . Is great for a dt 990 250 ohm

5 hours ago, rice guru said:

Nothing wrong with it if you need the space and are on a budget a DAC/amp unit is a Great option like the fx audio DAC x6 . It's just not powerful enough to power a 600 ohm headphone but . Is great for a dt 990 250 ohm

How DT 880 cost more then DT 990?

image.png.7884737285407e06cdf617aed03078fd.png

6 hours ago, rice guru said:

And what about ATH-AD900X?
Can you give me combos like
DT 990 600 om witth 2 in 1 and 2 in 2 ?
And would it be the same for ATH-AD900X?

And is GSX1000 any good? I heard a lot about it surround.

I chose DT 990. I think 600 ohm cause of more bass, what i should buy for them? And what the different between PRO and not PRO?

image.png.717f8b7630fd6a0d35310c0d1f52e581.png

image.png.773426906763fcd291732659d3604da9.png

7 hours ago, Sharvaj Ingawale said:

Here is a viable solution:

1) Instead of the BoomPro, get a desktop condenser. It will provide much better audio, and you can find good ones for under $50

2) If you want really amazing audio for under $300, check out the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Lineup. The Arctis Pro Wireless costs $285 as of 2019, and is an absolute beast. You can also look into the Audeze Mobius.

And by the way i use laptop that goes very loud when i play so any mic on table would be closer to output of fans and therefore it would be pointless, cause mic in my laptop would produce same bad audio with fan noise. And that's why i want mic in headphones, because it is farthest from fans and closer to my mouth.

4 hours ago, Glement(Max) said:

And what about ATH-AD900X?
Can you give me combos like
DT 990 600 om witth 2 in 1 and 2 in 2 ?
And would it be the same for ATH-AD900X?

And is GSX1000 any good? I heard a lot about it surround.

If you want a 600 ohm headphone a topping d10 and a monoprice liquid spark should be enough.but like I said best to stick to the 250 ohm and just use a fx audio DAC x6 for maximum value.

for a ath ad 900x is great  for gaming but alright with music it lacks bass. It doesn't need much a fiio k3 should be enough.  

The gsx is apparently ok but not very powerful.

2 hours ago, Glement(Max) said:

I chose DT 990. I think 600 ohm cause of more bass, what i should buy for them? And what the different between PRO and not PRO?

image.png.717f8b7630fd6a0d35310c0d1f52e581.png

image.png.773426906763fcd291732659d3604da9.png

The premium is more comfortable and not as well built but sounds slightly better while the pro is a little sharper and has more clamp. I own the pro . I love my 990 but is an acquired taste. It's a very sharp headphone and if you are treble sensy it best to be wary. I like a lot of color in the treble.

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

The premium is more comfortable and not as well built but sounds slightly better while the pro is a little sharper and has more clamp. I own the pro . I love my 990 but is an acquired taste. It's a very sharp headphone and if you are treble sensy it best to be wary. I like a lot of color in the treble.

So 250ohm is better then, why? I have both versions. So what amp/dac to pick? And is there any good surround in those?

And isn't premium supposed to be built better? And pro supposed to get better sound?

2 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

So 250ohm is better then, why? I have both versions. So what amp/dac to pick? And is there any good surround in those?

The 250 ohm I s certainly not better it's just harder to drive hense needing at least a $100 amp to run it like the monoprice liquid spark and a topping d10 or d30 as a dac

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

The 250 ohm I s certainly not better it's just harder to drive hense needing at least a $100 amp to run it like the monoprice liquid spark and a topping d10 or d30 as a dac

Then can you tell me what the difference? What more ohms give me ? https://howzbuy.com/beyerdynamic-dt-990-pro-vs-premium-comparison/  Here seems to be the only difference is pressure and cable.

4 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

You can also get good surround from software like Dolby surround sound for headphones. Get equalizer APO and get HeSuvi free and great virtual surround sound

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I cant have dac/amp getting power from usb?

Just now, rice guru said:

You can also get good surround from software like Dolby surround sound for headphones. Get equalizer APO and get HeSuvi free and great virtual surround sound

Would it work in game then? If it does then grate. Then i just need to pick 600vs250. Pro vs Premium. Amp+Dac vs Amp/Dac

4 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

Would it work in game then? If it does then grate. Then i just need to pick 600vs250. Pro vs Premium. Amp+Dac vs Amp/Dac

It works in game. If you want to spend$100 on an amp and another $80 -100 on a DAC the the best 990 is the dt 990 premium 600 ohm.  But no matter the impendance pro or premium they are all tuned similarly and should sound about the same to the untrained ear.  If you want more comfort go with a premium if you want slightly better build and better looking grab the pro

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

It works in game. If you want to spend$100 on an amp and another $80 -100 on a DAC the the best 990 is the dt 990 premium 600 ohm.  But no matter the impendance pro or premium they are all tuned similarly and should sound about the same to the untrained ear.  If you want more comfort go with a premium if you want slightly better build and better looking grab the pro

well i have DT 990 for around 150$ in my country, si i can spend around 200 for amp & dac.

Just now, Glement(Max) said:

well i have DT 990 for around 150$ in my country, si i can spend around 200 for amp & dac.

What I run is a monoprice liquid spark and a topping d10 sounds awesome through the 990 250 ohm and the 600 ohm but if you are getting the 250 ohm and just want to run it the fx audio DAC x6 is just enough. 

37 minutes ago, rice guru said:

What I run is a monoprice liquid spark and a topping d10 sounds awesome through the 990 250 ohm and the 600 ohm but if you are getting the 250 ohm and just want to run it the fx audio DAC x6 is just enough. 

What about creative sound blasterx g6.

37 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

What about creative sound blasterx g6.

It's pretty ok one of the few choices if you want a mic line in. Not a bad pick but not my personal first pick.

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

It's pretty ok one of the few choices if you want a mic line in. Not a bad pick but not my personal first pick.

welp i like it cause of scout mode, and i have had 5.1 card from creative :)

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

But can they do 600ohm ?

Just now, Glement(Max) said:

welp i like it cause of scout mode, and i have had 5.1 card from creative :)

Your money not mine.i have presented you better options.but this isn't the worst thing you could buy just not the best

9 minutes ago, rice guru said:

what is your choice for 2in1 600ohms

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Your money not mine.i have presented you better options.but this isn't the worst thing you could buy just not the best

Can you write it again pls? 2in1  and 2 in2 for 600 ohm and 250 :)) i really lick that i just can plug it in usb and dont need ac.

1 minute ago, Glement(Max) said:

But can they do 600ohm ?

Most likely not but they claim to be able to. I personally don't know why your so hung up on 250ohm