Purchase Advice, headphones for all.

Glement(Max)

Hi, i was using kraken, tiamat 7.1(stoped cause didn't have 5 jacks anymore), syberia elite(they just broke), now m50x(dont have mic). Im more of over-ear type. And looking for something to watch movies, listen music(any kind), play games, it would be great if they have some equalizer for games(have'd this thing in external soundcard, it just made all sounds louder when there isn't going on anything and therefore i can hear footsteps or some almost silent noises far away) Wired or wireless i don't care, important that i have 1 jack and 1 usb(asus gl504gw ) free for them. budget something near 300$. Can go for 400 if it is headset+soundcard. 
Looking for mic as boompro vmoda. There are a lot of headests and i cant choose one -_-. I have 1 combo jack in my system. Was looking in GSP series, but dont see the difference between GSP300 and GSP600.

Why do you want/need card that have software equalizer? Maybe try to buy some good used stereo amplifier instead? You'll get more power, instant bass / treble change possibility, you may connect speakers to it and it will work for years.

41 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Why do you want/need card that have software equalizer? Maybe try to buy some good used stereo amplifier instead? You'll get more power, instant bass / treble change possibility, you may connect speakers to it and it will work for years.

i don't want to have it, if i hear steps and stuff like i did with sound blaster omni 5.1 scout mode, then fine:) 
I'm asking here for headset with great mic, or headset that can work with boompro vmoda, or soundcard+headset+boompro, and im asking what is the difference between gsp300 500 600 since i don't see any difference.

so if you can answer any of this questions, or offer a solution to my problem(having m50x, needing nice mic that doesn't take space, so rather boompro or headset with mic, and needing some surround sound or the way to get better audio in games, then great)

Rather than a boom pro why not a modmic ? Much more versatile or a desk mic . Mics don't need to be Im Fron of your face to pick you up

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Rather than a boom pro why not a modmic ? Much more versatile or a desk mic . Mics don't need to be Im Fron of your face to pick you up

problem is that i dont have much space for it, and i cant put it on my monitor cose it is a laptop and it have really thin bezel.

and yep, i can consider modmic, just need to watch comparasion between two.

In terms of headphones what type of music do you listen to?

Just now, rice guru said:

In terms of headphones what type of music do you listen to?

From Sabaton to Nightwish, From Dubstep to DnB, From Rap to Pop. So every kind i think:) mostly every kind.

9 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

From Sabaton to Nightwish, From Dubstep to DnB, From Rap to Pop. So every kind i think:) mostly every kind.

Looks into the custm one studio, he 4xx, he 58x , dt 880 if you want an all rounder Fidelio x2 dt 770 if you want something that has plenty of bass for their respective type.of headphones

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

Looks into the custm one studio, he 4xx, he 58x , dt 880 if you want an all rounder Fidelio x2 dt 770 if you want something that has plenty of bass for their respective type.of headphones

what about games and sound in them?

2 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

what about games and sound in them?

I picked all those headphones as they are good for gaming also.  They all have a a nice sou dstage especially the beyerdynamics with good imaging .  The only ones that would lean closer to.music cans would be the he 4xx and the Fidelio x2 the others are excellent for gaming. From my experience beyerdynamics are really good for gaming as they have really good highs for highlighting footsteps they have nice wide soundstage and top class imaging

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

and can you write models? i dont know what he means, or what custom one studios to take

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I picked all those headphones as they are good for gaming also.  They all have a a nice sou dstage especially the beyerdynamics with good imaging .  The only ones that would lean closer to.music cans would be the he 4xx and the Fidelio x2 the others are excellent for gaming

880 or 770? And what Oms?

3 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

and can you write models? i dont know what he means, or what custom one studios to take

Those are the models the custom one pro, the dt880,dt770 are by beyerdynamic, the hd58x is by Sennheiser

Just now, Glement(Max) said:

880 or 770? And what Oms?

Depends on the dac/amp you own and what your use case is

If you want something to plug into your phone the 80 ohm or lower is what you need but if you have a sound are or amp/DAC you can get the 250 ohm or higher depending on how much power it has

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

If you want something to plug into your phone the 80 ohm or lower is what you need but if you have a sound are or amp/DAC you can get the 250 ohm or higher depending on how much power it has

I don’t have, I have only laptop, and I only plan to use on laptop, so what are my options? And why not consider 990? 

7 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

I don’t have, I have only laptop, and I only plan to use on laptop, so what are my options? And why not consider 990? 

It's good headphone I love mine but look up some reviews to see if it's right for you. It's not a headphone I would consider to be a all rounder for.music. but is pretty awesome for gaming it's what I personally use

Well I can listen to them, just that 990 are open and 880 are half open.

and what about oms? What it gives me, if I buy 600 oms and amp for it?

3 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

Well I can listen to them, just that 990 are open and 880 are half open.

and what about oms? What it gives me, if I buy 600 oms and amp for it?

An amps for that maybe the monoprice liquid spark same amp I own but you would need a dac

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

An amps for that maybe the monoprice liquid spark same amp I own but you would need a dac

What do I get from 600oms? 

And what dac does?

Just now, Glement(Max) said:

Look up z reviews dt 990 review he will tell you what 600 ohm does

58 minutes ago, Glement(Max) said:

What do I get from 600oms? 

And what dac does?

also a dac takes digital audio and converts it to analog because that is what headphones and amps take.  basically anything that has 3.5 mm audio out has a dac like your pc and you phone or a mp3 player. most people will be happy with a 250 ohm dt 990 and a cheaper dac amp like the fx audio dac x6. I personally runa a topping d10 as my dac and a monoprice liquid spark as my amp. 

7 hours ago, Glement(Max) said:

Hi, i was using kraken, tiamat 7.1(stoped cause didn't have 5 jacks anymore), syberia elite(they just broke), now m50x(dont have mic). Im more of over-ear type. And looking for something to watch movies, listen music(any kind), play games, it would be great if they have some equalizer for games(have'd this thing in external soundcard, it just made all sounds louder when there isn't going on anything and therefore i can hear footsteps or some almost silent noises far away) Wired or wireless i don't care, important that i have 1 jack and 1 usb(asus gl504gw ) free for them. budget something near 300$. Can go for 400 if it is headset+soundcard. 
Looking for mic as boompro vmoda. There are a lot of headests and i cant choose one -_-. I have 1 combo jack in my system. Was looking in GSP series, but dont see the difference between GSP300 and GSP600.

Here is a viable solution:

1) Instead of the BoomPro, get a desktop condenser. It will provide much better audio, and you can find good ones for under $50

2) If you want really amazing audio for under $300, check out the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Lineup. The Arctis Pro Wireless costs $285 as of 2019, and is an absolute beast. You can also look into the Audeze Mobius.

21 minutes ago, Sharvaj Ingawale said:

Here is a viable solution:

1) Instead of the BoomPro, get a desktop condenser. It will provide much better audio, and you can find good ones for under $50

2) If you want really amazing audio for under $300, check out the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Lineup. The Arctis Pro Wireless costs $285 as of 2019, and is an absolute beast. You can also look into the Audeze Mobius.

No desk space.