I'm Looking for Keyboard Recommendations

Heckza

Hi everyone,

I'm in a desperate search for a good Keyboard, cause mine is starting to have keys that stop working from time to time.
Actually I have a Razer Lycosa. It's been my 6 or 5th year with it, best keyboard I ever had. I don't care about Mechanical keyboards, I'm a casual gamer. If it was not because some keys start to fail, I would keep that one. Reordering the same one is almost impossible cause hard to find at an affordable price if available somewhere.

I tried the Razer Hunstman (Opto-Mechanical), I unplugged it after 1h, the noise annoys me like hell! It's way too high with no wrist rest which make me press the Left CTRL, WIN and ALT Button all the time cause I'm used to having my hands rest on something and the keyboard is higher.

I have looked at all the big brands and nonce seams to have what I need. I'm not only looking for their actual lineups, It can be a keyboard from 5 years ago, I don't mind!

You can take the Lycosa as the best example of what I'm looking for.

Here's what I would like :

- Price : Maximum $150 CAD. - Can be Amazon Used since i can return it.
- Available on Amazon.ca (I'm prime), easier return if I don't like it.
- Low Profile Keys (but not chiclets like Red Dragon Karura)
- I hate, hate, hate, clicky keyboards, so Membrane is fine, can be mechanical but with Silent Switches (Red Switch I think, not sure).

- Wrist Rest would be nice

- Must be a rectangle Enter Button (once again - not like the Red Dragon Karura)

- No need for Macro Keys

- RGB (but if only one LED color, must be blue)

- Black or Dark Gray, not light colors

- Absolutely Needs one or more USB port on it.

- Audio Volume control would be appreciate.

- I Need the Number Pad

- Wired (braided preferred)

I hope you guys can help me...!

look into corsairs keyboards.  Most of them come with mx silent switches which would be perfect for you.  i have the strafe mk2 and i think that it meets all the requirements that you want, i would look at that personally

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Yeah you're right. I already looked at a review of it but it was not the Strafe Edition or the K70 with red switches so I passed when I eared the sound and the key height. But yes, looks close to what i'm looking I keep that one on the list for sure.

Thank you for the suggestion!

I

1 hour ago, Heckza said:

Hi everyone,

I'm in a desperate search for a good Keyboard, cause mine is starting to have keys that stop working from time to time.
Actually I have a Razer Lycosa. It's been my 6 or 5th year with it, best keyboard I ever had. I don't care about Mechanical keyboards, I'm a casual gamer. If it was not because some keys start to fail, I would keep that one. Reordering the same one is almost impossible cause hard to find at an affordable price if available somewhere.

I tried the Razer Hunstman (Mecha-Membrane), I unplugged it after 1h, the noise annoys me like hell! It's way too high with no wrist rest which make me press the Left CTRL, WIN and ALT Button all the time cause I'm used to having my hands rest on something and the keyboard is higher.

I have looked at all the big brands and nonce seams to have what I need. I'm not only looking for their actual lineups, It can be a keyboard from 5 years ago, I don't mind

You can take the Lycosa as the best example of what I'm looking for.

Here's what I would like :

- Price : Maximum $150 CAD. - Can be Amazon Used since i can return it.
- Available on Amazon.ca (I'm prime), easier return if I don't like it.
- Low Profile Keys (but not chiclets like Red Dragon Karura)
- I hate, hate, hate, clicky keyboards, so Membrane is fine, can be mechanical but with Silent Switches (Red Switch I think, not sure).

- Wrist Rest would be nice

- Must be a rectangle Enter Button (once again - not like the Red Dragon Karura)

- No need for Macro Keys

- RGB (but if only one LED color, must be blue)

- Black or Dark Gray, not light colors

- Absolutely Needs one or more USB port on it.

- Audio Volume control would be appreciate.

- I Need the Number Pad

- Wired (braided preferred)

I hope you guys can help me...!

Im a big fan of clicky mechanical keyboards  like cherry topre gateron kaihua.  but I also really like membrane. corsair k83 or the logitech g213 are pretty good if you really dont like mechanical keyboards  or want something quite. I know for those who want something quite even the cherry mx silents are too loud for them 

5 to 6 years of heavy use on a membrane keyboard also sounds about right. if you really want longevity go mechanical they just last longer but if you want something quite go membrane. not as ecxpensive to get a good membrane keyboard as it is to get a good mechanical one.

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

5 to 6 years of heavy use on a membrane keyboard also sounds about right. if you really want longevity go mechanical they just last longer but if you want something quite go membrane. not as ecxpensive to get a good membrane keyboard as it is to get a good mechanical one.

That's why I'm mostly looking at membrane but I'm not close for mechanical if a good one is suggested.

Thanks for your suggestions though!

9 minutes ago, Heckza said:

That's why I'm mostly looking at membrane but I'm not close for mechanical if a good one is suggested.

Thanks for your suggestions though!

i fyoudidn't mid taking a cherry mx silent keboard or a mx red added dampeners and even lubed the switches then the possibilities are endless. check out cherry mx silent switches though to me they aren't silent but are nice and quite for the most part and you can even add o rings messes with key feel but definitely makes t quiter as it acts aas a dampener when you bottom out

Here's an update :

I tried 2 keyboards --
Razer Hunstman (Opto-Membrane) which was was too loud for me
and
The Razer BlackWidow Elite (Yellow Mechanical Switches - Linear & Silent) ... Silent, ...yeah....not really! But now I know I need Linear Switches if going mechanical but I doubt I'll retry a mechanical one. I really like the Volume wheel tho! The key are higher then what i'm used to and made me realized that I seems to rest my right hand fingers just over the Up Arrow Key and just right of the Enter Key when i need to press enter a couple time. With this keyboard or any mechanical keyboard with high keys, it feels like my hand is "inside" the keyboard.

Seems like the one that will better suite me is going to be another Razer, Cynosa! Membrane, mid height keys. It only misses 3 things i'd really like, which is at least 1 USB port on the keyboard, the palm rest and Volume control

I might have watch all the possible models with sound test one youtube so far, from all the big and less know brands! The cynosa is the closest to what I need.

If anyone knows another one that would have my 3 missing specs please let me know.