bios compatible

hello im thinking of building a new pc and my cpu coice is a amd athlon 200ge apu but my mother board coice is a Gigabyte A320M-S2H and i read about bios problems will this hapen with this choice?

Some AMD A320 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Raven Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions. That means that the latest processors are not supported in the BIOS unless you update the BIOS using an older processor.

what bios problems, be specific

that motherboard will not let you overclock that athlon, keep that in mind

consider going with r3 2200, is not that more expensive but has 2 more cores

2 minutes ago, goto10 said:

what bios problems, be specific

that motherboard will not let you overclock that athlon, keep that in mind

consider going with r3 2200, is not that more expensive but has 2 more cores

I think he means to update the BIOS to the latest drivers to let it support the processor. Sometimes the pc won't boot with a specific processor before you update the BIOS to the latest version.

19 minutes ago, broke pc gamer said:

hello im thinking of building a new pc and my cpu coice is a amd athlon 200ge apu but my mother board coice is a Gigabyte A320M-S2H and i read about bios problems will this hapen with this choice?

Why o why?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

if the motherboard has been sitting in a shelf for longer than 6 months, is very likely to not have the bios version to run such cpu, so the seller must guarantee you to come with latest bios or seller himself updates bios, otherwise you put cpu, put ram, plug things and might get notjing, forcing you to disasemble and return motherboard

that is the only problem i could see happening thanks to the old motherboard that might not come with updated bios

to a oid this concern you cam buy a b450 motherboard, most of them came after the 200ge release so they must support it

same applies for r3 2200, b450 has to support it, no matter bios version, has to