Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeltaFrost268

wana start bitcoin mining

3 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

Or the market crashes/becomes illegal in your country and you lose everything. using bit coin alone makes you looks like a cyber criminal to many.

it becoming illegal doesn't make it go away, it just gets traded under the table, yes collapsing is a possibility, but more countries are coming around to crypto then are outright banning it.

 

3 minutes ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

power costs dont matter to me

last year (so you can be sure it's LESS now) a 710 brought in about 3 cents a day, and don't say power costs don't matter to you electricity isn't free, it costs your parents or your landlord money and WILL cost them more then you will ever make from it.

 

and like I said PENNIES a day, say maybe 4 bucks a year if you are LUCKY.

 

Just now, DeltaFrost268 said:

my entire rig uses ~200w max load

200 watts is 4.8 Kw's a day or about 48 cents a day at 10 cents per KwH.

Recommended Posts

you just want to lose money for fun? there are a lot better ways of doing that nowadays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Levent said:

you just want to lose money for fun? there are a lot better ways of doing that nowadays.

how much do you have to invest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

i don't know how but i just wana do it for fun

Go to Vegas instead. 

Better use of your money since you'll lose about the same amount but enjoy it more.


Hey I put minimum effort into a website with all the tools I use and what I use them for. Check it out here. https://brinkgg.wixsite.com/website

If I don't respond, please tag me in your post. I'm probably AFK or responding to someone else. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.0Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleepo (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware for JBOD) - 320GB HGST HDD (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS devID passthrough) - 2x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Corsair CX series Power Supplies are fine

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not worth it, because if you drop the money on the equipment necessary to mine, the money you would pull in every month would be less than that of your power bill that your mining equipment uses. It’s soooo not worth it. 


Spoiler

Main Rig: 

AMD Athlon II X4 650 at 3.1GHz [4 cores, 4 threads] 

Foxconn Alvorix RS-880-uATX

MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G

2x4GB Generic 1600MHz DDR3

Seagate Firecuda 2TB 

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Seagate Barracuda 320GB

Corsair CX500 (move along...)

HP Pavilion Case

Windows 10 Home

32 Inch Samsung TV 1080P 60Hz

Spoiler

Laptop #1

HP G56

Celeron 900 at 2.2GHz

Intel 4500MHD 

2x2GB Generic 800MHz DDR2

120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Spoiler

REALLY Old (and unusable) Laptop

Intel Pentium M at a whopping 1.93GHz🔥

1x2GB Generic 800MHz DDR2

Nvidia GeForce GO 128 something or other

40GB 5400RPM IDE drive

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

It’s not worth it, because if you drop the money on the equipment necessary to mine, the money you would pull in every month would be less than that of your power bill that your mining equipment uses. It’s soooo not worth it. 

what rig do i need to do this? plus i only wana invest a tiny amount 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

how much do you have to invest?

Several THOUSAND DOLLARS and in 6 months the hardware will be WORTHLESS. Bitcoin Mining is done with ASIC's that basically become scrap metal once the next generation of ASIC is released. it will take a very long time if ever you recoup your investment.

 

your better options are to use your GPU in your computer to mine certain Alt coins then exchange said altcoin for Bitcoin to hold Bitcoin longterm. If you still want to spend money then buy more GPU's (this assumes you have very cheap, like sub 10 cents a KwH, Electricity) and earn more altcoins to exchange for Bitcoin, but even then you are looking at YEARS to earn your money back, better off just BUYING Bitcoin and holding it until the next peak in the bull market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

your better options are to use your GPU in your computer to mine certain Alt coins then exchange said altcoin for Bitcoin to hold Bitcoin longterm. If you still want to spend money then buy more GPU's (this assumes you have very cheap, like sub 10 cents a KwH, Electricity) and earn more altcoins to exchange for Bitcoin, but even then you are looking at YEARS to earn your money back, better off just BUYING Bitcoin and holding it until the next peak in the bull market.

i have a cheap $50 MSI GT-710 to spare, will that work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

i have a cheap $50 MSI GT-710 to spare, will that work?

frack NO, a 710, you won't even cover power costs. you could sell that card and make more money then that thing will mine in 6 years (ignoring all the money you lose to power costs).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Daniel644 said:

frack NO, a 710, you won't even cover power costs. you could sell that card and make more money then that thing will mine in 6 years (ignoring all the money you lose to power costs).

power costs dont matter to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Mr. horse said:

leaching off your parents/land lords? Someone has to pay for the power you use.

my entire rig uses ~200w max load

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

power costs dont matter to me

I'm sure they matter to your parents lel...

 

If your thread is any serious here is the TL:DR - a GT 710 will be "mining" forever without making a single bitcoin, it's literally a waste time and electricity and there is absolutely nothing fun about it... it'll just be the poor GT 710 at 100% cap usage serving no purpose and a static image at your screen for your to stare at.


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @4.7ghz  |~| Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3200mhz CL16 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: Corsair RM850X 80Plus Gold |~| Boot: WD Black M.2 2280 500GB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk SSD Plus G26 480gb |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display Setup: Acer X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
3 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

Or the market crashes/becomes illegal in your country and you lose everything. using bit coin alone makes you looks like a cyber criminal to many.

it becoming illegal doesn't make it go away, it just gets traded under the table, yes collapsing is a possibility, but more countries are coming around to crypto then are outright banning it.

 

3 minutes ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

power costs dont matter to me

last year (so you can be sure it's LESS now) a 710 brought in about 3 cents a day, and don't say power costs don't matter to you electricity isn't free, it costs your parents or your landlord money and WILL cost them more then you will ever make from it.

 

and like I said PENNIES a day, say maybe 4 bucks a year if you are LUCKY.

 

Just now, DeltaFrost268 said:

my entire rig uses ~200w max load

200 watts is 4.8 Kw's a day or about 48 cents a day at 10 cents per KwH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

I'm sure they matter to your parents lel...

 

If your thread is any serious here is the TL:DR - a GT 710 will be "mine" forever without making a single bitcoin, it's literally a waste time and electricity and there is absolutely nothing fun about it... it'll just be the poor GT 710 at 100% cap usage serving no purpose and a static screen for your to stare at.

sounds absolutely beautiful 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To make it easy for you to understand, bitcoin and other coins are mined by performing a lot of computations.

Your video card is simply extremely slow, it would take you MONTHS to YEARS of computations on that video card to mine even 0.01 bitcoin.

 

Bitcoin mining is done with specialized chips called ASICs - with 50-100$ you can buy such a chip that plugs in a USB port on your PC and do way more work than your video card or computer.

For example, this 50$ usb miner will probably function as good as 50-100 gt 710 video cards, maybe even better, while using a few watts of power. Even so, it would probably take you 1-2 years to make those 50$ back in bitcoin mined... because even this 15 gh of processing power is very small.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mariushm said:

To make it easy for you to understand, bitcoin and other coins are mined by performing a lot of computations.

Your video card is simply extremely slow, it would take you MONTHS to YEARS of computations on that video card to mine even 0.01 bitcoin.

 

Bitcoin mining is done with specialized chips called ASICs - with 50-100$ you can buy such a chip that plugs in a USB port on your PC and do way more work than your video card or computer.

For example, this 50$ usb miner will probably function as good as 50-100 gt 710 video cards, maybe even better, while using a few watts of power. Even so, it would probably take you 1-2 years to make those 50$ back in bitcoin mined... because even this 15 gh of processing power is very small.

 

 

you will NEVER EVER make back your money on those USB stick miners. those things are so horribly WEAK it's blind luck to even find a share, thats like trying to race a Bugatti on foot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

To make it easy for you to understand, bitcoin and other coins are mined by performing a lot of computations.

Your video card is simply extremely slow, it would take you MONTHS to YEARS of computations on that video card to mine even 0.01 bitcoin.

 

Bitcoin mining is done with specialized chips called ASICs - with 50-100$ you can buy such a chip that plugs in a USB port on your PC and do way more work than your video card or computer.

For example, this 50$ usb miner will probably function as good as 50-100 gt 710 video cards, maybe even better, while using a few watts of power. Even so, it would probably take you 1-2 years to make those 50$ back in bitcoin mined... because even this 15 gh of processing power is very small.

 

 

how much better is this one? how much moe profit would it make?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

so how well wound a AMD Radeon RX 550 perform?

DON'T USE LOW END CARDS, NOTHING below a 470/570 is even worth looking at, Mining is a RACE to be the first one to find the answer, the weaker your hardware is the less likely it is to find the answer.

 

Just don't waste your money, with the way you are trying to approach this you will lose all our money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Daniel644 said:

DON'T USE LOW END CARDS, NOTHING below a 470/570 is even worth looking at, Mining is a RACE to be the first one to find the answer, the weaker your hardware is the less likely it is to find the answer.

 

Just don't waste your money, with the way you are trying to approach this you will lose all our money.

well, ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeltaFrost268 said:

how much better is this one? how much moe profit would it make?

about 1,000+ times SLOWER then the one he linked

 

the one you linked is in the 3-5 MH/s range

the one he linked is in the 15 GH/s range thats 15,000 MH/s

the current Antminer S17Pro is 53+ TH/s thats 53,000,000 MH/s

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×