Forgotten game

Go to solution Solved by Muhammad2126,

in case anyone stumbles upon this this thread I found it, it's called blade of darkness.

When I was a kid I used to play an RPG, but I can't remember it's name no matter how much I try.

All I remember is that you could start the game with one of three character each character starts the game in a different map.

The first character was a man with a sword you start with two paths in front of you, to the right is a tunnel where you find giant spiders and to the left is some stairs, if go up the stairs you'll find humanoid monsters

The second character is a woman with a bow

And the third character is (I think but not very sure) a man with an axe

With the second or third character (I don't really remember which one) you start in map with a lot of traps and puzzles and little to no enemies 

Don't ask me about the graphics because NUGE (nostalgia ultimate graphics enhancement) will kick in

If anything here rings a bell please tell me I'm really craving that game no matter how bad the graphics are

edit: I think I was 12 or younger when I played this game so that's before 2011, also it was a first or third person game (probably first person), and it was a single player game not an MMO

46 minutes ago, Muhammad2126 said:

When I was a kid I used to play an RPG, but I can't remember it's name no matter how much I try.

All I remember is that you could start the game with one of three character each character starts the game in a different map.

The first character was a man with a sword you start with two paths in front of you, to the right is a tunnel where you find giant spiders and to the left is some stairs, if go up the stairs you'll find humanoid monsters

The second character is a woman with a bow

And the third character is (I think but not very sure) a man with an axe

With the second or third character (I don't really remember which one) you start in map with a lot of traps and puzzles and little to no enemies 

Don't ask me about the graphics because NUGE (nostalgia ultimate graphics enhancement) will kick in

If anything here rings a bell please tell me I'm really craving that game no matter how bad the graphics are

the game that springs to mind is this - The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - but im quite sure it is not the one you are thinking of as the female is a mage and now i put more thought into it i feel that it the 3 characters start in the same area

3 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

the game that springs to mind is this - The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - but im quite sure it is not the one you are thinking of as the female is a mage and now i put more thought into it i feel that it the 3 characters start in the same area

I'm pretty sure it's not this one because It was released in 2011 and I played the game I'm talking about before that

Any idea how long before that ?

Might help to narrow it down.

Just now, SoreRaito said:

Any idea how long before that ?

Might help to narrow it down.

no it might've been an old game that came out years before I played it for all I know and it might be a new game that I played just after it launched I have no idea

but if you have any titles that fit the description I gave I'd be glad to hear ya

2 hours ago, Muhammad2126 said:

-Snip-

Torchlight. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/Torchlight/

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

NO

For god's sake did you even read what I wrote at least the first guy was remotely close but your game doesn't match anything of what I said except for the choosing between 3 characters part

any way thank you for trying to help

had no idea too, but some crack sites should have a good & complete library of games .

Spoiler

eg crackwatch.com (this site only shows crack status)

6 minutes ago, Muhammad2126 said:

NO

For god's sake did you even read what I wrote at least the first guy was remotely close but your game doesn't match anything of what I said except for the choosing between 3 characters part

any way thank you for trying to help

When you said swordie for 1st char, girl archer for 2nd char and fighting spider at start i'm pretty sure it's Torchlight. LOL

Is it an MMO or a single player game? Can you confirm if it a 1st person game?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

When you said swordie for 1st char, girl archer for 2nd char and fighting spider at start i'm pretty sure it's Torchlight. LOL

Is it an MMO or a single player game? Can you confirm if it a 1st person game?

It's a single player game

I'm 80% sure it's first person,and 20% it was an OTS (over the shoulder camera) like gta or the witcher, 100% sure it's not a camera that looks at the character from above like strategy games

26 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

had no idea too, but some crack sites should have a good & complete library of games .

Reveal hidden contents

eg crackwatch.com (this site only shows crack status)

the only way to search crackwatch is by the game's name which is what I'm asking for here ?

What did you play it on? PC?

Current PC

CPUIntel Core i9 9900k

GPUGTX 1080 8GB FTW EVGA

MotherboardASUS PRIME Z370-A II

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 Mhz

Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Storage 2: Hyper X 240GB

PSU: Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W

Peripherals: Logitech G502 Hero//Corsair K70 MK 2 Cherry MX Red

Display: BenQ XL2430T 24-inch 144Hz

It isn't Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is it? Kinda fits into what you're asking for?

Current PC

CPUIntel Core i9 9900k

GPUGTX 1080 8GB FTW EVGA

MotherboardASUS PRIME Z370-A II

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 Mhz

Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Storage 2: Hyper X 240GB

PSU: Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W

Peripherals: Logitech G502 Hero//Corsair K70 MK 2 Cherry MX Red

Display: BenQ XL2430T 24-inch 144Hz

6 minutes ago, Ardu said:

It isn't Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is it? Kinda fits into what you're asking for?

nope pretty it's not I played the game when I was 12 or younger I was born in 1998 so anything that was released in 2011 or after that isn't what I'm talking about

Pre-2011 1st person/3rd person single player PC RPG with 3 gender locked class and different starting area, no Magician. 

I honestly don't know. ?

11 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Pre-2011 1st person/3rd person single player PC RPG with 3 gender locked class and different starting area, no Magician. 

I honestly don't know. ?

yeah I know I'm asking a lot but I hit a dead end.?

11 minutes ago, Muhammad2126 said:

yeah I know I'm asking a lot but I hit a dead end.

Maybe you can go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_role-playing_video_games:_2010_to_2011
Sort as platform and slowly go down a year and see if any of the game name ring any bell. 

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Maybe you can go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_role-playing_video_games:_2010_to_2011
Sort as platform and slowly go down a year and see if any of the game name ring any bell. 

yeah that could work

it's not 2010 to 2011 it's just before 2011, it could've been released in 2001 for all I know.

Just now, Muhammad2126 said:

yeah that could work

it's not 2010 to 2011 it's just before 2011, it could've been released in 2001 for all I know.

Well, the list go down till 1975 so good luck. ?

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Well, the list go down till 1975 so good luck. ?

this is gonna take for ever ? but I have to do it so yeah *sigh*

10 hours ago, Muhammad2126 said:

This may be what is keeping us from finding the game. Take 13 minutes to watch this video in full. Jot down the games that look similar to the game you're trying to remember. It should also refresh your memory of more things going on in the game that you could then let us know. Things like if points are given in combat or if the game has a HUD on screen or not.

Don't expect the game to be in this video. But hopefully it can give us an idea of other things involved with the game, including the graphics. This also might narrow down the engine in which the game could possibly be using. Or a narrowing of the years the game could possibly have been released. 1975-2011 isn't cutting it.

Also, do you remember installing the game in a CD drive? Did you by chance install it on Steam? What do you remember about the PC you played it on?

13 hours ago, Muhammad2126 said:

Thats Dark Souls.

Case closed.

on the p.c. i can take pride to have atleast tried every action rpg available, and especially during that period OP was young and probably playing this game but this... here i have absolutely no memory off... first thing that came to mind was Trine ;)