Forgotten game

Go to solution Solved by Muhammad2126,

in case anyone stumbles upon this this thread I found it, it's called blade of darkness.

5 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

on the p.c. i can take pride to have atleast tried every action rpg available, and especially during that period OP was young and probably playing this game but this... here i have absolutely no memory off... first thing that came to mind was Trine ;)

it wasn't a side scrolling game

11 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

This may be what is keeping us from finding the game. Take 13 minutes to watch this video in full. Jot down the games that look similar to the game you're trying to remember. It should also refresh your memory of more things going on in the game that you could then let us know. Things like if points are given in combat or if the game has a HUD on screen or not.

Don't expect the game to be in this video. But hopefully it can give us an idea of other things involved with the game, including the graphics. This also might narrow down the engine in which the game could possibly be using. Or a narrowing of the years the game could possibly have been released. 1975-2011 isn't cutting it.

Also, do you remember installing the game in a CD drive? Did you by chance install it on Steam? What do you remember about the PC you played it on?

I played the game in 2005 to 2010 (probably 2008) the graphics weren't bad for the time if I think it was ES3: morrowind to ES4: oblivion level of graphics so I think it was released in 2000 to 2010, it can't have been released before 1995

my cousin installed the game for me back then I think using CD/DVD but I'm not sure about this one

12 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

This may be what is keeping us from finding the game. Take 13 minutes to watch this video in full. Jot down the games that look similar to the game you're trying to remember. It should also refresh your memory of more things going on in the game that you could then let us know. Things like if points are given in combat or if the game has a HUD on screen or not.

Don't expect the game to be in this video. But hopefully it can give us an idea of other things involved with the game, including the graphics. This also might narrow down the engine in which the game could possibly be using. Or a narrowing of the years the game could possibly have been released. 1975-2011 isn't cutting it.

Also, do you remember installing the game in a CD drive? Did you by chance install it on Steam? What do you remember about the PC you played it on?

after watching the video

Arx Fatalis looks and feels almost the same

37 minutes ago, Muhammad2126 said:

Arx Fatalis looks and feels almost the same

Arx Fatalis was actually my guess when I first looked for the game you're looking for but it didn't fit to everything you described. Just to make sure, it's not Arx Fatalis right?... 5:50 mark is a spider in a tunnel. 9:18 mark is what I guess a "humanoid monster" could be after traveling through stairs.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Arx Fatalis was actually my guess when I first looked for the game you're looking for but it didn't fit to everything you described. Just to make sure, it's not Arx Fatalis right?...

5:50 mark is a spider in a tunnel. 9:18 mark is what I guess a "humanoid monster" could be after traveling through stairs.

It looks and feels the same but there are things that are quit different as I said before you start with one of three characters each starts at a different place

my memory of the map the first character starts at is pretty good the tunnel to the front right was wide and it consists of "stairs" where each is approximately 3 meters long and 10-30 cm (6-12 inches) tall

3 minutes ago, Muhammad2126 said:

I think the humanoid monsters where white-ish

Do you by chance know if you played it on Windows XP? Windows 2000? Windows Vista? Windows 7?

the only versions of windows I ever used are XP, 7, and 10

I'm 70% sure it was win XP, 30% win 7

1 hour ago, Muhammad2126 said:

my cousin installed the game for me back then

Have you asked your cousin what game it is?

41 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Have you asked your cousin what game it is?

yeah he doesn't remember

12 hours ago, Muhammad2126 said:

yeah he doesn't remember

He may have different memories of the game though. Especially when he installed it.

• 10 months later...