concept: diagonalmod: is this enough cooling?

Hello everyone

Recently i made a concept 3D drawing of everything diagonal in my case found here link to concept layout topic.

As i have no experience with watercooling, but wanting to have an awesome build, i need some directions of you guys ;)

The purpose of this mod would be to keep (or improve a little) my OC on my cpu and gpu. It does not HAVE to be overkill, maybe a little headroom is enough.

specs of system would be the same as my signature:

-cpu: i5-3570k 3,4ghz @ 4.3GHz

-gpu: msi twinfrozr gaming gtx770 @ 1254MHz

-mobo: msi z77a-g43 giving autovoltages + 0.06 volt (i cant set it solid or more on this mobo because safety updates  :( )

-psu: 650w (antec platinum) is this enough?

-ram: not overclocked 1600Mhz 16gigs low profile ram as in picturespoiler below: do i need watercooled ram?

-1 harddrive, 2 ssds, no optical disk ofc...

9b39a96d5555566e8070031c30a83855.png

cooling specs (please post suggestions/recommendations):

i wanted to limit myself to one brand ( in this case EK, as drawn in the 3D files by me, although you could suggest other brands such as xspc)

- rad: EK-CoolStream RAD XTC (280)

- cpu block: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Acetal

- ram: currently i have 1600mhz 16gigs low profile ram, idk if i want to watercool it, considering the extra cost as i dont want to OC it.

- pump/reservoir: EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES (incl. pump)

- hard tubing (i think im up for the task  :lol:, it looks to perfect in the 3D drawing)

i am a bit worried about the cooling of my mobo itself ( msi z77a-g43 ) , such as its chipset, and mosfets/regulators, but i could not find universal mosfet blocks

99093963ca350117a11bff2494269f47.png

7f1c3ad345fccaa7f8122e0279d68d67.png

7fc22cd2837ef9883c1a848d2391c4b8.png

04718c59cfb4ec74522c4a92f8f31c7c.png

8e8d201e0afed616c07245bf8ea1a4f5.png

Please comment and suggest things,

thanks  ;)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

How are you going to plug stuff in?

plugging what stuff in?

edit: if you mean monitors,... then i was thinking about connecting my monitors and internet inside my case (i dont unplug them every month so...) they would be connected inside my case. For usb devices and audio: i would make extenders to some places around my case i guess.

Edited by darkspeedy26

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

plugging what stuff in?

edit: if you mean monitors,... then i was thinking about connecting my monitors and internet inside my case (i dont unplug them every month so...) they would be connected inside my case. For usb devices and audio: i would make extenders to some places around my case i guess.

Ahh that would be pretty cool to see. If this comes to fruition there better be a build log.

Ahh that would be pretty cool to see. If this comes to fruition there better be a build log.

Sure, but it would,'t be before this summer to start... if i would ever start ;)

a 280mm rad is plenty for a cpu only loop.

it would be cpu + gpu block (not full cover) as seen in the 3th and 4th drawing in the 2nd spoiler. would a 280 rad be enough?

Edited by darkspeedy26

280 would be enough for cpu+gpu, but you will prolly have to run your fans a bit faster than typical for a watercooled build.  that being said it will still be quieter than an aircooled card under load.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

280 would be enough for cpu+gpu, but you will prolly have to run your fans a bit faster than typical for a watercooled build.  that being said it will still be quieter than an aircooled card under load.

ok thanks ;)