Macbook Pro vs Surface Book 2

I'm interested in buying either a Macbook Pro or Surface Book 2 and I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on the two. I'm aiming for 15" 16GB Ram with at least 500 GB memory if not 1TB. I work as a graphic designer, mainly on patterns so I'd be using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a lot, but I might also use it for architecture work in the future and definitely for some light video editing. I'm currently a PC user but I own an ipod which I use for taking photos a lot for my work. I also occasionally use my camera for work so I'm drawn to the SD slot in the surface book.

The MacBook Pro has keyboard problems but is surprisingly more repairable than the Surface Laptop 2. 

However I would avoid both models and instead look at either the XPS 13 from Dell or the X1 Carbon from Lenovo 

36 minutes ago, emmawearstripes said:

Macbook Pro or Surface Laptop 2

Both are anti-consumer products imo

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, emmawearstripes said:

I'm interested in buying either a Macbook Pro or Surface Laptop 2 and I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on the two. I'm aiming for 15" 16GB Ram with at least 500 GB memory if not 1TB. I work as a graphic designer, mainly on patterns so I'd be using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a lot, but I might also use it for architecture work in the future and definitely for some light video editing. I'm currently a PC user but I own an ipod which I use for taking photos a lot for my work. I also occasionally use my camera for work so I'm drawn to the SD slot in the surface laptop.

I'm also interested which is better in terms of repair-ability? 

5 minutes ago, emmawearstripes said:

I'm also interested which is better in terms of repair-ability? 

Like I said, anti-consumer. Repair-ability is little to none

Please answer my questions:

41 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Like I said, anti-consumer. Repair-ability is little to none

Please answer my questions:

I've already answered you on here 

2 hours ago, bindydad123 said:

The MacBook Pro has keyboard problems but is surprisingly more repairable than the Surface Laptop 2. 

However I would avoid both models and instead look at either the XPS 13 from Dell or the X1 Carbon from Lenovo 

when you say more repairable, how do you mean?

1 hour ago, emmawearstripes said:

when you say more repairable, how do you mean?

The Surface Laptop 2 is glued together. With the MacBook Pro, at least you can access the motherboard though not much else. 

5 hours ago, emmawearstripes said:

I'm interested in buying either a Macbook Pro or Surface Book 2 and I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on the two. I'm aiming for 15" 16GB Ram with at least 500 GB memory if not 1TB. I work as a graphic designer, mainly on patterns so I'd be using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a lot, but I might also use it for architecture work in the future and definitely for some light video editing. I'm currently a PC user but I own an ipod which I use for taking photos a lot for my work. I also occasionally use my camera for work so I'm drawn to the SD slot in the surface book.

I feel that you are pushing yourself on either of these devices and you need to give room to a little bit of advice. The both devices are on the expensive side, self upgradability is not an option, the don't have very powerful gpus. The macbook pro has keyboard issues, video cable issues and throttles. The surface book 2 has a hinge that might not suite you and for such a price lacks thunderbolt 3