Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey there! 

I am in the market for a cheap budget option for upgrading the basis of my computer. (CPU, Mobo, RAM)

I currently have:

1. AMD Athlon X4 880k (Surprisingly a very nifty processor)

2. The A Chipset motherboard

3. 8Gb DDR3 Memory. 

I have resorted to Ryzen 3 1200 as my very first option. I don't have much hands on experience with the 300 chipset motherboards and which ones perform at a low price. I have found cheap DDR4 memory locally for $25 (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 Gb).

I have figured this would better set myself up in the future since rumor has it that most motherboard companies will continue releasing bios updates to support the new Zen 2 processors.

Leave any comments down below and suggestions. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

Hey there! 

I am in the market for a cheap budget option for upgrading the basis of my computer. (CPU, Mobo, RAM)

I currently have:

1. AMD Athlon X4 880k (Surprisingly a very nifty processor)

2. The A Chipset motherboard

3. 8Gb DDR3 Memory. 

I have resorted to Ryzen 3 1200 as my very first option. I don't have much hands on experience with the 300 chipset motherboards and which ones perform at a low price. I have found cheap DDR4 memory locally for $25 (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 Gb).

I have figured this would better set myself up in the future since rumor has it that most motherboard companies will continue releasing bios updates to support the new Zen 2 processors.

Leave any comments down below and suggestions. Thanks!

i want to say go with a 400 series motherboard, as those are the ones that will work with Ryzen 2.  But I can't recall where I read that.

What GPU are you using, I assume you already have it?  If not, 2200G or 2400G are great options to hold you over.

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

1 minute ago, jstudrawa said:

i want to say go with a 400 series motherboard, as those are the ones that will work with Ryzen 2.  But I can't recall where I read that.

What GPU are you using, I assume you already have it?  If not, 2200G or 2400G are great options to hold you over.

I have an adequate GPU (GTX 1050). My current build plays the games that I play at 60 fps+ at 1080p. I am getting stutters here and there and my system (Unsurprisingly) is CPU bottlenecked. I would like to smooth out my gaming performance at this low price of the 1200 ($60)

Just now, kdawwgg1221 said:

have an adequate GPU (GTX 1050).

I regret not looking for a used 570 before buying this card. Regrets...

4 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

I have just heard things around. Besides Zen 2 still being released with the AM4 socket. I don't know. Don't take my word for it.

I really wanted to keep the CPU, MOBO, and RAM for my brother, but personally I feel selling those parts are a safer idea. @Oalei

I could use the money to buy the Ryzen 3 1200 Processor, and a kit of RAM I found for $25 (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4Gb) DDR4. From a local seller. 

2 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

I really wanted to keep the CPU, MOBO, and RAM for my brother, but personally I feel selling those parts are a safer idea. @Oalei

I could use the money to buy the Ryzen 3 1200 Processor, and a kit of RAM I found for $25 (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4Gb) DDR4. From a local seller. 

so you swap it for those or the local seller give you the money?

Well i found many B450 boards is being cheaper here rather than B350 tbh, well how much is ryzen 3 is it brand new?

I am saying there is a guy that has a kit up for sale at $25 (2x4Gb). PC building in my area isn't big like at all, so it is going nowhere.

This is on facebook marketplace. Sorry, I poorly explained myself there. @Oalei

1 minute ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

I am saying there is a guy that has a kit up for sale at $25 (2x4Gb). PC building in my area isn't big like at all, so it is going nowhere.

This is on facebook marketplace. Sorry, I poorly explained myself there. @Oalei

i would say that ram is worth it i can only find myself a 2x8gb kit for $60 here. Well i want to know is that ryzen 3 new or used if its used how about looking for some ryzen 5.

Doubt it is in my price range. I am in high school and without a job until this summer. The upgrade is pretty urgent, as I will be doing some work on it and need the extra horsepower. @Oalei

Doubt it is in my price range. I am in high school and without a job until this summer. The upgrade is pretty urgent, as I will be doing some work on it and need the extra horsepower. @Oalei

ok what model is that mobo precisely?

well there is always that 1 guy who sell something for a really low price.

Just now, Oalei said:

ok what model is that mobo precisely?

The one I am using currently? It only holds fm2+ processors. The main reason I am upgrading to Ryzen, for the future proofing of the AM4 socket. @Oalei

Just now, kdawwgg1221 said:

The one I am using currently? It only holds fm2+ processors. The main reason I am upgrading to Ryzen, for the future proofing of the AM4 socket. @Oalei

no i meant the one you planning on buying is it a B350xxxx or B450xxxxx or X370xxxx

21 hours ago, Oalei said:

no i meant the one you planning on buying is it a B350xxxx or B450xxxxx or X370xxxx

either b350 or b450. The prices seem better on the b450's tho.

3 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

either b350 or b450. The prices seem better on the b450's tho.

yeah same here i would rather buy a B450 tbh. What model? HDV,VDH,Pro 4 or something?

1 hour ago, Oalei said:

yeah same here i would rather buy a B450 tbh. What model? HDV,VDH,Pro 4 or something?

Honestly the cheapest I can get, but under one restriction. I have to have only SOME overclocking ability with it. So I will pay for a more expensive one if it means that I can OC a bit more.

Honestly the cheapest I can get, but under one restriction. I have to have only SOME overclocking ability with it. So I will pay for a more expensive one if it means that I can OC a bit more.

honestly just use that for a baseline for Mobo, it gives you a good amount of information tbh.

6 minutes ago, Oalei said:

honestly just use that for a baseline for Mobo, it gives you a good amount of information tbh.

This is awesome! I'll have to look into this before buying my upgrades.

13 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

This is awesome! I'll have to look into this before buying my upgrades.

well there is still this and droidbot ssd tier list of sata 3