Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Humbug

Rage 2 PC performance benchmarks

Cool the see the RVII performing well. Makes me think that Navi could beat the 2080ti... When the 3080ti is already out and it's too late. xD

If you haven't held a SNES controller before, you don't know gaming.

well okay that's not entirely true but still go play a fucking SNES if you haven't.

Current Rig

FX 8320 @ 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB - 16GB Hyper x Fury - 250GB SSD - CM 212 EVO - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2 - CM Elite 430 Black - WD Blue 1TB

The 5$ Laptop (Asus r510c) (+60$ worth of upgrades)

Core i5 i5-3337U 1.8ghz (2.5ghz) - 120gb SSD - 320gb WD Black - 8GB DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000

Secondary Programming Machine

i7 870 @ 4.0ghz - GTX 670 2GB - 8GB DDR3 Hyperx Fury - 64GB SSD - 1TB WD Blue - Some 1156 Asus board

HTPC - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Crappy HP OEM SFF case and PSU from 2009)

AMD A8 6800k @4.2ghz - GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 - 8GB DDR3 - 250GB SP SSD - Some Asus FM2+ motherboard

Bedroom HTPC - The 939 Monster

AMD Athlon 64 x2 @ 2.8ghz - ATi Radeon x850XT - 4GB DDR400 - 80GB WD Blue IDE - SOCKET 939 BITCHES

Trusty Old Rig: Athlon 64 X2 3000+ @ 2.16ghz - Radeon 9600 Pro - 1GB DDR - GB K8NSC939 - 500w CM PSU

Nokia 3310 - The PC: (Dell Optiplex GX110) Piii Coppermine 1Ghz - 512mb SDRAM - ATi 9250 pro 256mb - 80GB IDE - Sound Blaster Live!

Twin Game Servers (Two): C2Q q6600 @ 3.0ghz - Asus P5B - 8GB DDR2 800

PFSense Router: Pentium D @ 3.2ghz - 2GB DDR2

OMV NAS: Pentium 4 @ 3.2ghz - 2TB WD Red - 2GB DDR2

(I could list like 10 other PCs off the top of my head, yeah I'm a big time PC hoarder.)

Semi-disappointed how mediocre the 1050Ti did.

Though as long as MCC runs like butter I'll be content

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

10 hours ago, Feranoks said:

There is allot of pop-in. Especially while driving.
And overall I don't think it looks that great either. Character models look pretty bad (except for mutants for some reason). Models in general are fairly undetailed. Textures still look drab and sometimes blurry.

There are some good effects though. Explosions and dust effects look great.

From playing I don't notice any significant upgrade in quality from Doom(2016).

Which ran well... but also looked good. This doesn't really for a game in 2019.

isn't pop-in mostly due to the speed of your hard drive? playing on an SSD usually stops that

the combat and shooter mechanics are the strong points of the game with the story and world building being nothing special

A worthy sequel to Rage then :P I think I'll pick it up on discount, I liked the first game for what it was - I don't think every game needs to be a masterpiece under every aspect to be worth playing, the shooting was a lot of fun and it still felt pretty fresh even after a couple of playthroughs (the final level was pretty bad though, I was hoping for a final boss... instead I basically didn't get a chance to make use of the bfg, it's unlocked at a point in the game when every seriously large enemy is already behind you). The story wasn't good but it wasn't bad to the point that it affected my enjoyment - to be honest it felt a bit like a post-apocalyptic theme park, the aesthetic and enemy characterization made the levels pleasant and even though there wasn't much of a cohesive narrative there were a lot of small charming bits scattered throughout the game.

1 hour ago, Giganthrax said:

But but but... Rage 1 had multiplayer. Why would they just drop it for no reason? :(

I don't think the multiplayer races and coop had a lot of success in the original, they were nice to have but... I think it's reasonable to dedicate those development resources to other parts of the game.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

Semi-disappointed how mediocre the 1050Ti did.

natively built modern API games (Vulkan / dx12) tend to favour AMD and newer Nvidia Turing graphics cards.

7 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

I remember when people are recommending the GTX 780 over the R9 290X...

Ya I picked a Sapphire R9 290 vapor x back in the day over the gtx 780. Lucky escape.

7 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Hah, my computer is exactly the recommended settings. Now if only the screenshot for the Ultra 1080p benchmarks wasn't too tiny to read. :D

click on the image for bigger version.

My 980 Ti performed like Rx 580 in gamegpu benchmark. 

*raise pitchfork*

Gimp is real.  /s

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, williamcll said:

Isn't Vulkan supposed to make Radeon cards go much faster than Nvidia cards?

Well it's not 'supposed to'. It's an industry standard graphics API which Nvidia contributed and agreed to.

But I understand the question LOL.

-Nvidia has improved their Vulkan drivers over the last couple of years. With the number of Vulkan games increasing they probably put more resources into it and found more optimizations, simply because the ecosystem got bigger with more test cases. Now a GTX 1060 may still lose to an RX 580, and a 1070ti will still lose to Vega 56 etc but Nvidia is competitive which is good, the margins are smaller.

-With the newer Turing architecture at a hardware level Nvidia has improved their performance on modern APIs like Vulkan / DX12

9 hours ago, Sauron said:

I liked the first game for what it was - I don't think every game needs to be a masterpiece under every aspect to be worth playing, the shooting was a lot of fun and it still felt pretty fresh even after a couple of playthroughs (the final level was pretty bad though, I was hoping for a final boss... instead I basically didn't get a chance to make use of the bfg, it's unlocked at a point in the game when every seriously large enemy is already behind you). The story wasn't good but it wasn't bad to the point that it affected my enjoyment - to be honest it felt a bit like a post-apocalyptic theme park, the aesthetic and enemy characterization made the levels pleasant and even though there wasn't much of a cohesive narrative there were a lot of small charming bits scattered throughout the game.

Agreed 100%. I actually loved the art style of the first game, and gunplay was great so I enjoyed it. I generally like campaign driven fps games in interesting settings. The main problem I felt was that most of the game they had you doing menial side quests rather than pushing the story forward and uncovering new lore. They didn't really use the story to create player agency.

11 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

isn't pop-in mostly due to the speed of your hard drive? playing on an SSD usually stops that

It's installed on an M.2 drive 😋

But no it's not neccesarily you hard drive that determines pop-in. The LOD scaling could be out of wack.

Which is the case here I think.

As some blur hating is indeed seen around the Internet....

Crispier, without Reshade.

Yet to play myself, is the FXAA + TAA like RE7's and crap?

Or is it something else?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

As some blur hating is indeed seen around the Internet....

Crispier, without Reshade.

Yet to play myself, is the FXAA + TAA like RE7's and crap?

Or is it something else?

Thanks for posting, will check this out.  

I played some last night.  Felt more like a Mass Effect title than a Borderlands title, which the first felt like.

Admittedly I only played the intro where he gets armor and it's more like a narrative tutorial, so I hope it opens up and I can just DO things.  If it keeps wresting control from me to play audio-books hand holding... I'll be returning it.

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

2 hours ago, Feranoks said:

It's installed on an M.2 drive 😋

But no it's not neccesarily you hard drive that determines pop-in. The LOD scaling could be out of wack.

Which is the case here I think.

In Need for Speed 2015 reboot, it was so bad that if game didn't load assets for where you were fast enough (like actual road), you just fell through the ground into nothingness lol, because the game didn't have data if you are making contact with the ground or not XD

Btw, is Rage 2 already out now? Original had quite few memorable locations, like that stream with a hut or the fights in the skyscraper out in the city or the hospital full of gore and goo. But the rest was quite bland and open world wasn't really helping. I'm not a huge fan of open worlds anyway. I much prefer Deus Ex style of levels which are semi linear with several paths to the goal.

Was watching a stream for this last night. It looks almost worth it: if there was thing the open world sandbox genre has been missing despite the incredible over saturation is something extremely fast passed. This is basically Doom meets Modern Sandbox (Farcry, Just Cause, Mad Max, etc.) And for that game play alone looks rather fun...

The thing is there's barely any actual content or shit to do of any substance (Vs say, a full on RPG sandbox at least). So I currently have it on "Grab on a good deal or when it's time for GOTY editions".

-------

Current Rig

-------

I hate open world games because they all feel so empty. And those few that aren't, I wander around and explore outside of main quest, get bored and never finish the damn thing (or never finish it coz it's made by Bethesda and it spergs out and doesn't allow me to continue). It's fun doing crazy stuff, but for a while. Where in semi linear games, you're engaged in the story devs wanted to tell you from start to end.

Looks to me like most of the optimisation budget went towards the new RTX cards and not so much older ones. Why TF is there such a huge gap between 1080ti and 2080?! IT should be smaller imo.

21 minutes ago, Zeeus said:

Looks to me like most of the optimisation budget went towards the new RTX cards and not so much older ones. Why TF is there such a huge gap between 1080ti and 2080?! IT should be smaller imo.

Its bc turing is built to support dx12/vulkan (i think its more compute heavy?) better than pascal on a hardware level

Compute indeed.
GPGPU Heavy apparently is why the typical GPU's for 1080p 60fps require the next Tier for VHigh or Ultra settings
GTX1070 is the late-2019s version of the "competent" GTX1060 (Seen first with Anthem, but figured thats the game engine/background screwups)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

20 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

No it has to be an issue with the game, have mine installed on a 970 PRO Nvme M.2 and pop in is still pretty noticeable. It's minor with plants and vegetation but with enemies on the road or on the side of it when driving they pop in about 100 meters in front of you, one second they aren't there then next thing you know they are.

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

interesting. It's strange how the GTX 1080ti is only matching the 2070 and lagging a fair bit behind RTX 2080 and Radeon VII. Just imagine if the rumors about Navi are true and they've further improved in Vulkan. A midrange Navi card beating a 1080ti...that's something we don't often see.

And I nearly feel sick at seeing RX 570 nearly double the performance of the 1050ti. I CAN'T WAIT to install my Radeon VII once zen2 comes out. That stupid 1050ti I was forced to buy can go and gather dust permanently. It makes the GTX 1650 and RTX 2070 look like good value cards....

I'm actually sorry I purchased the game and wish there was a way to get a refund.  That's very rare for me; IMHO this game definitely IS Doom meets Far Cry, and it's not really a good mix of either.

Major yuck so far.  But I'm stuck with it.

System Specs:  Asus Rampage VI Extreme board | Intel Core i9 7900X (OC'd to 4.7GHz) | 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (OC'd to 4GHz) | 2 x NVidia 2080Ti FE cards (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case ( RIP CaseLabs 😞 ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster ZxR card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Displays: Asus PG27UQ 4K/144Hz display | 2 x LG 27UK650-W 4K displays |

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Asus R6E monoblock | 2 x EK 2080Ti waterblocks | 2 x AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rads | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 21 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

Gaming rig Fire Strike Extreme results

On 5/15/2019 at 6:54 PM, Sauron said:

A worthy sequel to Rage then :P I think I'll pick it up on discount, I liked the first game for what it was - I don't think every game needs to be a masterpiece under every aspect to be worth playing, the shooting was a lot of fun and it still felt pretty fresh even after a couple of playthroughs (the final level was pretty bad though, I was hoping for a final boss... instead I basically didn't get a chance to make use of the bfg, it's unlocked at a point in the game when every seriously large enemy is already behind you). The story wasn't good but it wasn't bad to the point that it affected my enjoyment - to be honest it felt a bit like a post-apocalyptic theme park, the aesthetic and enemy characterization made the levels pleasant and even though there wasn't much of a cohesive narrative there were a lot of small charming bits scattered throughout the game.

I don't think the multiplayer races and coop had a lot of success in the original, they were nice to have but... I think it's reasonable to dedicate those development resources to other parts of the game.

Rage 1 wasn't that successful of a game tbh.  It was more of a benchmark tool created by Carmack to show off the idTech 5 at the time.  Its was more of a single player game for most that most didn't even bother to finish.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Scarlet Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 CPU) | CPU Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX200 240GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING  | Case: Fractal Focus G | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Gigabyte FORCE K83 with Cherry MX Reds | MouseRazer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)

30 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

I'm actually sorry I purchased the game and wish there was a way to get a refund.  That's very rare for me; IMHO this game definitely IS Doom meets Far Cry, and it's not really a good mix of either.

Major yuck so far.  But I'm stuck with it.

Well, it's kinda hard to make a good game sequel when the major point of the first game was to just show off your new engine.  There wasn't much of a point other than that to Rage.  The only reason I go back to Rage 1 is to have Fred Flintstone tell me what to do.  That's right, the dude who finds you in the first game is actually voiced by John Goodman.  XD

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Scarlet Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 CPU) | CPU Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX200 240GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING  | Case: Fractal Focus G | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Gigabyte FORCE K83 with Cherry MX Reds | MouseRazer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)