Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D13H4RD

OnePlus 7 Pro is official - 90Hz QHD OLED display, retractable FFC, up to 12GB of memory

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Andrei from Anandtech talked about the high resolution and refresh rate requiring an extra physical interface to deal with the bandwidth requirements causing increased power consumption. It sounded like even running it at 60 Hz can't negate that; that it's basically an increase in baseline power from just having that connection. That sounds like a poor design choice if you value battery.

Looks like the standard OnePlus 7 is probably the better bet for battery, since it has a slightly larger battery and doesn't require an extra interface which adds to the power draw. 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

1 hour ago, D13H4RD said:

Looks like the standard OnePlus 7 is probably the better bet for battery, since it has a slightly larger battery and doesn't require an extra interface which adds to the power draw. 

I agree on the first part but the Pro does have an extra 300 mAh over the regular 7 unless I misunderstood what you meant by bigger battery.

16 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Yeah, this is the biggest price increase they’ve had.

Honestly, minus no IP and Qi, it looks alright for the price but I can see why OP fans would be annoyed.

I'm more concerned with why the regular OP7 isn't being sold in the US.

It appears to be pretty much the same price as the 6T.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 6GB RAM 128GB Storage (Mid 2019 to present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

I must say I like this one a lot. Especially since it has a popup front camera. Which means it would never open with me while having clean big screen. Only slight bummer is the lack of Qi charging, but isn't a game breaker. It's a flagship phone with a much lower price tag.

It will be interesting to find out the battery deficit when Anandtech does their review. I hope they do a head to head. So far all the reviews have been all over the place on the battery life and no one has gone in depth with the hardware side of the new display. 

I just checked and you can actually see a preview of the effect (if Andrei is correct in regards to dual MIPI) by looking at his Mate 20 Pro review. It adds a baseline extra 200 mW to display power consumption (at idle even and it seems to increase with brightness) in his review. Apparently Samsung uses compression because 1440p60 requires too much bandwidth. So either they're not using compression or compression just isn't enough. I just can't seem to find hard numbers on bandwidth and compression.

Really awesome phone overall. So glad they made display complete and not scuffed. The better quality of it with higher refresh rate is amazing. Camera setup is great, stereo speakers as well. It's a really speedy phone the software is just well made. Also the UFS 3.0 helps definitely. 

The maxed out RAM and storage model is even a little jump in price. This phone as is is really a great competitor to other much more expesive flagships indeed. 

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, Trixanity said:

I agree on the first part but the Pro does have an extra 300 mAh over the regular 7 unless I misunderstood what you meant by bigger battery.

My mistake. I initially thought it had a 4150mAh battery. Turned out it had a 3700mAh battery 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

Makes me wish the S10e came with Oxygen OS

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000