Any way to access IEEE standards without having to buy them?

Hey all,

I am a masters student trying to finish my masters thesis and am in dire need of the 802.11ax standard.

My university gives me access to an ieee student membership but that only has limited access. Buying above mentioned standard costs 400$ which the university will not help me with!

Any suggestions as to how i can get my hands on the standard without spending a months rent on it?

It will help me a lot. Please let me know if yall have any tips on this matter.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Have you checked the university library? Also, make a reference appointment and a librarian can show you how to find what you need.

14 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Don't think this is the right place to ask for pirated documents. Ask other people and they will help you.

He's not asking for pirated documents. He is asking for alternative resources. This is how you properly structure your questions like this. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Don't forget that the ax document is an amendment to the base 802.11-2016 document that you probably also need, which costs $1100. 

Ideally your school will have access to the ieee-xplore program. If your librarian doesn't know about it, ask your engineering professor. 

Try connecting to ieeexplore.ieee.org from a school computer and see if it magically recognizes that you're at an institution. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

So, as you guys suggested I approached my advisor , and then the chairman. Mr. Evens is right. The chairman confirmed that the standards can only be obtained by paying the full price, and if what jake9000 said is true about also needing the 1100 dollar base 802.11 document then there is surely no way to obtain any of it. 

If anyone on here has the documentation and is willing to share it with me, or if that's illegal atleast look up the information that I need , please let me know. It would help me a ton. 

Thanks again.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

I'll throw in another suggestion for the library.  I know when I went to school there was an online portal through the library and you could get loads of journals for free as long as you were on school wifi.  Anything that wasn't there could be ordered and added to the library's collection so you wouldn't have to pay for it.

Oh, if you're thinkin the library might be willing to pay for it to add it to their collection, I will go to the library tomorrow and check it out. 

Thanks Alex :)