For Anyone Considering Blue Light/ Spektrum Glasses

Just bought the Prospek Elite from Spektrum for $55. They're awesome and remind me of the BluBlockers I had when I was younger. I had the aviators which you can get two pairs for under $50 (source: https://www.blublocker.com/products/2-black-original-aviator-blublockers). I don't remember the quality of the lenses though. These Prospek Elite have a nice oleophobic lens that's super easy to keep smudge free. The only bad thing is there's no spring in the frame or whatever and I don't mind that there's no adjustable nose piece but some people might. Really feel like my eyes are more comfortable sitting on a computer all day and am a big fan of the glasses. Again, probably could have gotten the same performance from the BluBlockers though.

f.lux is software based and isn't exact. A physical lens is more effective. Not to mention some people might not be able to install f.lux on their work computers, friends computers, etc.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

1 minute ago, Bramimond said:

Why use glasses for that, when you can just filter the blue light directly from your screen?

I use f.lux to filter out blue light once the sun goes down.

They filter 100 percent of UV too, which is cool I guess. But I mostly like blue blocking glasses in general not just for computer use.

1 minute ago, fluxdeity said:

f.lux is software based and isn't exact. A physical lens is more effective. Not to mention some people might not be able to install f.lux on their work computers, friends computers, etc.

Yeah exactly. Can't install it on my tv or chromecast that's for sure.

For when you can't install software, but have access to the screen, pretty much all screens have controls that let you tone down the blue light. If your inside, normal windows already filter all the UV light anyway.

I'm also not convinced how glasses can be more effective then manipulating the source and everyone using sunglasses during intense sunshine should get where I'm coming from. Normal glasses don't cover peripheral sight and can only do so much against an intense source.

Also not really an option if you're already wearing glasses to see correctly.

I think it's pointless, as far as the research goes bluelight didn't cause serious damage to our eyes, eye strain does. It's just one of those glorious gaming glasses like accessories.

6 hours ago, fluxdeity said:

It work the same way by reducing the blue color in the color spectrum to the point it's comfortable to look at. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

I think it's pointless, as far as the research goes bluelight didn't cause serious damage to our eyes, eye strain does. It's just one of those glorious gaming glasses like accessories.

It work the same way by reducing the blue color in the color spectrum to the point it's comfortable to look at. 

Focusing on one thing for prolonged amount of times is what causes eye strain. Blue light signals the brain to wake up, boost attention, and reaction times. People don't use the glasses or f.lux to stop eye strain, it's to not interfere with the circadian rhythm.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

29 minutes ago, fluxdeity said:

Focusing on one thing for prolonged amount of times is what causes eye strain. Blue light signals the brain to wake up, boost attention, and reaction times. People don't use the glasses or f.lux to stop eye strain, it's to not interfere with the circadian rhythm.

I never said people use blue light glass or Flux for eye strain. I said as far as studies goes blue light won't cause serious damage to our eyes but eye strain does mainly because of the rapid movement of the muscle on our eyes when it's trying to gather or prevent light from entering our eyes too often. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 4/25/2019 at 9:49 PM, Bramimond said:

For when you can't install software, but have access to the screen, pretty much all screens have controls that let you tone down the blue light. If your inside, normal windows already filter all the UV light anyway.

I'm also not convinced how glasses can be more effective then manipulating the source and everyone using sunglasses during intense sunshine should get where I'm coming from. Normal glasses don't cover peripheral sight and can only do so much against an intense source.

Also not really an option if you're already wearing glasses to see correctly.

My prescription glasses have a blue light filter in them, but it's quite mild. I use quite a heavy f.lux filter on my desktop and Night Shift on my phone. I can use my tech all day with very little eye strain now, whereas it used to be a big problem. 

That's an F in the profile pic

I do some color sensitive work so it's nice to be able to take them off when I need to accurately see colors.