Windows 10 Backup constantly resetting

Dougarooo

On windows 10 I have the back up and restore (windows 7) setting on and configures to backup every day. Problem is right now I have the backup drive encrypted with bitlocker and if I forget to unlock it before the backup runs it fails the backup obviously. Wouldn't really be an issue but every time it fails to backup the system it completely resets the backup and restore settings saying I've never had it set up in the first place. This happens often and I'm not always there to see the error so often I have it not being backed up for a couple of days at a time. I tried googling to fix this bug but I can't find anything to fix it. Trying not to reset my computer again as some software keys won't let me reinstall if I tried as the key will already be used on "another machine". Any solutions?

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess