davinci resolve 16?

has anyone else had any problems with the new davinci resolve? 

just when i thought i had things figured out and got things in my timeline running rather smoothly 

then all the sudden things in davinci resolve starting playing very slow and choppy the audio is fine but the video has a hard time keeping up? 

could this be something with the new resolve 16? 

i guess i cant go back now ! :( i check to make sure there wasnt an update to fix bug but there wasnt 

not to mention its stopped responding on me and crashed a few times!!!! ????? i'm wondering if this is my computer or the software :( GRRR!!!

oh yea one more thing .. i've noticed it takes alot longer to boot up and open to ? 

could it be it just got worse if you dont have a powerful enough computer? 

IDK, i'm still on 15.

What new features does the 16 give?

I know that i had the same problems with resolve 14, but 15 fixed them.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Yea I rebooted that seem to help I think it's software issues

So far I haven't learned enough of 15 to know what the real changes are in 16 but I sort of like the new cut feature it's a lot easier to cut split 

They also have a new item removal tool

for example if somebody ends up in your shop that you don't want there you can remove them completely

Haven't touched 16 yet. Don't really plan on it as 15 has literally everything I need as I'm not a skilled video editor and really just need 1080p60fps video support and decent point tracking which Resolve 15 does SPECTACULARLY well. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

48 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

Haven't touched 16 yet. Don't really plan on it as 15 has literally everything I need as I'm not a skilled video editor and really just need 1080p60fps video support and decent point tracking which Resolve 15 does SPECTACULARLY well. 

it is supposed to offer a little more performance and I think when they get the bugs out it should work quite well I do like the new clip cut feature they have

37 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

???

2 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

???

You posted this topic in General Discussion, but it is more suited to the Programs, Apps and Websites section of the forum, so I have moved it there. If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to send me a PM.

HTTP/2 203

so is anyone else using davinci resolve 16 yet? … is it me or dose it take forever to open compared to 15 … is this good or bad? lol  I mean is it normal? 

I would suggest uninstalling it then installing Resolve 15 or any other version of your choice. I have the installation file if you need it for Resolve 15. Thanks! 

On 4/21/2019 at 6:05 AM, ammar_code said:

I would suggest uninstalling it then installing Resolve 15 or any other version of your choice. I have the installation file if you need it for Resolve 15. Thanks! 

i've tried reinstalling but when you to try to back to site its not longer there all you can get is 16 no biggie .. i havent had that many problems with it just the one time thing so for 

and its going to end up becoming and update is going to move me to 16 anyways ... but if i decide i want to go back then i'll let you know i'm going to try to stick it out 

thanks! 

If you want to go back, I have the Resolve 15 installer in my downloads folder, I can send you that!