Corsair Obsidian 250D Thread

Would the Kraken G10 bracket for AIO coolers for GPUs fit in this case?

The proportions seem a bit off on this case. I think the 350D looks much better.

whats up node 304? hey!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Would the Kraken G10 bracket for AIO coolers for GPUs fit in this case?

This depends on your graphics card. As you can see here, the reference GK110 PCB with both stock and ACX cooler fits nicely (10,5in / 267mm). If you are going to use nothing longer than these, the Kraken G10 would fit lengthwise as well.

However, the problem you are probably refering to is the height of the metal bracket of the G10 that gives the card an overall height of two and a half slots. My guess is that it will fit, since the case is designed for air cooled graphics cards that need some breathing room, which is provided.

In case it doesn't fit, you can cut or bend the metal to its fitting size.

Reduce > Reuse > Recycle

Build-log (way out of date)

I'm still waiting for that backpackable itx case that can still fit a long gpu to upgrade from my node 304. The RVZ01 gets close to that, but it doesn't seem like a great case (no fan filters? WTF). A perfect backpackable case would IMO be basically like a node 304 with a sawed off top so that it takes up less height and supports less drives, but would actuall be able to fit inside a regular backpack. Of course it would be heavy as hell, but I don't mind. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

The RVZ01 is the Silverstone one right? It has those magnetic fan filters they're so fond of.

The Hadron on the other hand doesn't have filters.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am finishing the build of my new rig based on the Corsair Obsidian 250D.

I am fitting a large form-factor EVGA 780 Ti Classified in it, so far so good, I did a video of the fitting for my group, here I share it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnb1veAaIH8

However the 8-pin connector are putting pressure down to the motherboard once I closed the top panel of the case, which would require some force - illustration : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVY2gsvMqA

I ordered this 8-pin EPS connector low-profile and right angle : http://www.ebay.com/itm/251379159474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

CPU: Intel i7 4770K
MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus Impact VI
Cooling: Corsair H100i - Stock Fans to be change to Noctua NF-F12
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified Edition
SSD : Samsung 840 Pro 512GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair AX860i

• 2 weeks later...

i would love that case for my build but i will have to change the cpu hit sink i use

Would the swiftech h220 fit in this case? Mobo would be ga-z87n-wifi. Thanks!

w00t! I just fit my GTX 780 Classified in this bad boy I got in the mail recently. Over joyed with this case.post-69209-0-20008700-1396471706_thumb.j

However the 8-pin connector are putting pressure down to the motherboard once I closed the top panel of the case, which would require some force - illustration : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVY2gsvMqA

I ordered this 8-pin EPS connector low-profile and right angle : http://www.ebay.com/itm/251379159474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I ordered that companies 8 pin PCIe right angle connectors and they are a breeze. Be careful with EPS. EPS is a different shape connector that is used for the processor power cable. Their PCIe low low profile RIGHT angle extensions are the proper fit for the classified cards and this case.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see the temps on the system as is and maybe a compatibility check with the Asus CU 780, heard the top heatsink was so close to the case that it would warp/melt it.

Does anyone know if GTX 780 Lightning fits in this case? I'm a bit worried that it doesnt because of the 2.5 PciX expansion slotsand the height?

Does anyone know if GTX 780 Lightning fits in this case? I'm a bit worried that it doesnt because of the 2.5 PciX expansion slotsand the height?

The GTX 780 Lightning is too long and won't fit in the case.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Does anyone know if an ASUS R9 290 would fit in here? I'm worried about that raised heat pipe.

Nvious Yet?

• 7 months later...

Would a GTX 970 mini fit in there? I would be 129mm high in this case and the 8-pin power connector would be on top of it...

Most full size 970s fit in it, so a mini will be fine.

I built my new system in this case, looks much better in person than in photos. Brushed aluminium is so sexy.

My Build:

Corsair Obsidian 250D

Asus Z97-I Plus

Intel i5-4690k

8GB Corsair Vengeance LP

Corsair H100i

Asus Strix GTX 970

Corsair RM750

Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD

I also picked up some SP120 Quiet Edition Fans. I realise that the RM750 is a bit overkill, but I am hoping to reuse it in a future build.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if the XFX R9 280X Black Edition card will fit?

Im worried about the height of the card not fitting when the cables are hooked up.

Card Dimension in inches - 11.61 x 5.63 x 1.65

I built my new system in this case, looks much better in person than in photos. Brushed aluminium is so sexy.

My Build:

Corsair Obsidian 250D

Asus Z97-I Plus

Intel i5-4690k

8GB Corsair Vengeance LP

Corsair H100i

Asus Strix GTX 970

Corsair RM750

Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD

I also picked up some SP120 Quiet Edition Fans. I realise that the RM750 is a bit overkill, but I am hoping to reuse it in a future build.

I have a build that is pretty much identical. I was wondering how you were orienting your radiator fans.. I cant seem to get it to fit as intakes as the h100i tubes get in the way of fitting it properly. This resulted me in using the h100i fans in a push orientation. Was wondering if you had any luck

900x900px-LL-884567f5_250D_BUILT_side_le

This is a large photo from a Chinese review that shows 2 things: The EVGA GTX 780 Reference (above) and GTX 780Ti w/ACX Cooling (below) does fit and boy that is some motherboard bowing! What's going on, is the PCI-e slot card screw down location too low? Are the motherboard standoffs too tall on this prototype case?

corsair_250d_23.jpg

You can contact corsair support and they'll send you a bracket for the gpu.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709625&postcount=26

• 1 month later...

I have bought this case, as well as many components to put into it.

My goal was to build a full tower gaming rig performance PC, that'll fit nicely in a big rig semi. I've had a full tower in the past, but gravity was not kind.

With this case, I'm going with a simplistic, but performance-packed setup. My theme will be black, chrome, with white LED. The latest RAM from Klevv even has a white LED in the heat sinks, and will go well with this case.

My biggest concern with it, was the front, when compared to the Thermaltake V1 Mini-ITX case, this is an inch longer, but you lose that inch as you can't utilize the full length of the case for the GPU like you can, so in the end, you are not going to fit anything larger than 313mm.

Although I did find in the Corsair official thread, someone did manage to fit an XFX Radeon HD 295X (2 GPU on card) into this case without modifying the case, so as dual GPU cards become more popular, they may become a little smaller, and fit into this case with ease, to give you Crossfire/SLI in a Mini-ITX form factor PC.

Now time to answer some questions.

---

Anyone know if the XFX R9 280X Black Edition card will fit?

Im worried about the height of the card not fitting when the cables are hooked up.

Card Dimension in inches - 11.61 x 5.63 x 1.65

Yes it will. The XFX Radeon HD 290X 8GB Edition I ordered will fit, and it is the same length. You will have enough room from the end of the card to the front of the case to wire through your power cables but thats about it.

Would a GTX 970 mini fit in there? I would be 129mm high in this case and the 8-pin power connector would be on top of it...

That will be tight, but this case from CPU die to the roof is 138mm, so it'll be tight with your cables, but will fit.

---

Once I get this built, I will post pictures if anyone is interested, but I've spent a few months researching, as well as having someone doing measurements, and have verified that all the parts I've ordered will work.

I didn't know about this thread hehe, i have one of these and my Asus GTX 780 direct cuii's heat pipe is like 5mm from touching the top window but it fits :) great little case!