Will it bottleneck?

I'm not an avid pc gamer so I'm not too concerned about the most competitive framerates or the most powerful hardware, but I do want to upgrade in the near future. Considering I don't really play online fps too much (though i may start) I want to to buy either a 4k/60hz or 1440p/144hz monitor, and a new graphics card to go with it. I know that an increase in resolution will reduce bottlenecks, but how much do I need to worry about it? I have a ryzen 5 2600 6-core processor that i don't plan on upgrading. The cards i'm considering are either a gtx 1070/1660ti (which ever i can find cheaper) or an rtx 2060 if i feel like spending a bit more. 

Those will not bottleneck at all. Great CPU choice

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

The whole 4K@60 or 1440p@144hz, is more a quality of life kind of choise.

If you like to enjoy content like photos and videos, i'd recommend 4K.

For gaming with a 1070/1660 or 2060 i'd recommend 1440p. (Games look really bad sub native res, and at 4K you will have mayor compromises in fidelity with said gpus).

In pure performance perspective. You will probably aim at 60-100fps nonetheless, so most of the time you will find yourself "wasting 144hz". But to be honest, once you get your eyes around a 144Hz panel, going back to 60hz sucks so bad. Daily things like managing files, scrolling the web, reading moving text. It's not easy to describe how much impact it has until you sit your face in a 60hz panel. No matter how bad of a gamer you are, if you are many hours in front of your pc, you will notice.

Forget about fps, and think what will you be doing most. Consuming media? Then go 4K, else, go 1440p.

Seeing as how you're not too big into PC gaming I might steer you in a different direction here. First off, CPU is fine. 2600 is a great chip and will be fine for years. However, if you're going for a 1440p 144hz monitor, I would vouch for a Vega 56 over a RTX 2060 or even a 1660ti. Why you may ask? FreeSync! Adaptive Sync monitors are basically a must-have and AMD's FreeSync is quite a bit cheaper than Nvidia's Gsync. A Vega 56 is a little cheaper than the 2060, and performs nearly the same (if not better). The Vega uses significantly more power than the 2060, but if you aren't gaming all the time that won't much matter, just ensure your case has proper airflow.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm hoping to get more into pc gaming in the future but as most of my friends are on consoles it's my main platform, though i mostly play single player games on pc.