I screwed my router basically.

AStri

Hello, i need help to fix my router?.

I have been trying to set up a fixed ip and i switched the connection from dhcp to fixed ip i put in everything and the site crashed and i don’t have internet now and i cannot open my router admin page it says time limit reached because it never loads. Hmm i am bad at this stuff and i dont know what to do. Thanks

On the back of the router will either be a proper reset button or a recessed reset button. If it's a proper button press it and hold it for a few seconds, if it's recessed then grab a pin, needle or something similar, press it and hold it for a few seconds.

Give the router a few minutes to reboot and try again.

Btw you don't need to disable DHCP to set a static IP to a PC, simply manually assigning an IP to the machine in Windows will force it to always negotiate that address with the router, it's worth also reserving that IP in the router however because if anything else on the network is already using a static IP then that machine won't be able to connect.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hard reset the router with the button on the back 

Set static IP on the device. I assume you are trying to set a static IP on your computer?

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

On the back of the router will either be a proper reset button or a recessed reset button. If it's a proper button press it and hold it for a few seconds, if it's recessed then grab a pin, needle or something similar, press it and hold it for a few seconds.

Give the router a few minutes to reboot and try again.

It worked, thank you so much i had no idea how u do it ?

1 minute ago, skippytheturtle said:

Hard reset the router with the button on the back 

Set static IP on the device. I assume you are trying to set a static IP on your computer?

It’s working now but i was trying to set a static ip so i can port forward and make a server for a game i think. I watched some tutorials on youtube.

My guess is you put the static IP on the computer that is out of the subnet range.

Just now, skippytheturtle said:

My guess is you put the static IP on the computer that is out of the subnet range.

It said in the tutorial i need to make static ip so the computer boots with the same ip everytime or something like that. I will try a dofferent way. I used to port forward my other router but i moved house and this router is weird in the interface.