child abuse and culture differences

zassou

I don't think spanking is necessarily child abuse however I discourage spanking. It's unnecessary and ineffective, regardless of age.

What kids actually need is responsible parents who are willing to teach their kids the right lessons. 

Kids also need parents who give their kids attention, not lazy dips**ts who sit on their arse scrolling through facebook all day.

I believe that the parents' behaviour is the basis of their child(ren)'s behaviour.

If the parents are rude, obnoxious SOBs who couldn't care less about the kid then the kid won't learn any better than to be exactly like their parents. 

21 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

yeah what you mention there " alcoholic fathers who would beat young hilter and stalin senseless during their childhood" that is not spanking that is abuse 

they spank as well as beat. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

4 minutes ago, wasab said:

No, i am pretty sure spanking kids will turn them into psychopaths. 

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/releases/spanking-linked-to-increase-in-childrens-behavior-problems.html

watch out. Your kids might turn into genocidal psychopaths if you consistently spank them. 

1. The actual study they link in behind a paywall, but what they do tell us is that:
    1. Spanking is only a yes or no; no consideration for number of times spanked.
    2. There are other factors (38 of them) that play into the conclusion (that conveniently ignores that in order to conclude that spanking is the only cause).
  2. Only goes over ages 6-8.

5 minutes ago, wasab said:

they spank as well as beat. 

So, then you're intentionally conflating the two and being disingenuous?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 minutes ago, Drak3 said:
  • The actual study they link in behind a paywall, but what they do tell us is that:
    1. Spanking is only a yes or no; no consideration for number of times spanked.
    2. There are other factors (38 of them) that play into the conclusion (that conveniently ignores that in order to conclude that spanking is the only cause).
  • Only goes over ages 6-8.

Since you seem to know so much how about you share one of your sources, oh wise one.

Granted I expect nothing less than cherry picked nonsense.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

33 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

You don't know the entire situation, and they aren't your kids or your concern.

Myob unless you seriously think the kids are in physical danger.

Actually, all kids are everyone's concern. If anyone ever thinks children are being abused, the authorities should be notified.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

15 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Actually, all kids are everyone's concern. If anyone ever thinks children are being abused, the authorities should be notified.

I respectfully disagree.

I also indicated that if he felt the children were in danger he should intervene.

But yelling at your kids? That's not CPS material, and will cause not harm than good.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Topic has been locked. This discussion has become increasingly unproductive and while the off topic section exists this is foremost a technology forum.

If you have any concerns about the safety and wellbeing of others please seek out advice from relevant support channels provided by officials or non profit organisations.