Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SubparRacer

Need help choosing PC components.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, I am trying to build a PC mainly for fps gaming. Shooters, open world, fps vr as well. Would love to start learning unreal engine, blender, or even godot. Unsure on engine would like to use. One to two monitors.  Beginning with one. 60mhz to start would like to bump up to 144 or 280 or what ever they are. Will worry about that later but recommendations are always  welcome for that still. My price range is around 1200 I'd like to spend less that's actually over my budget anyway but I'm gonna do it. Even if you guys recommend something better I will figure it out if it's going to be worth it in the end. So basically I've created 2 imaginary PC's right now. One AMD and one Intel. Switch out parts is completely acceptable.  Up or down. Just need to find out witch would be best for my scenario. Keep in mind I will already be using a 1tb harddrive I have already. As well as a 650 wat power supply.  The power supply is not with me atm so I cannot give you exact product name yet. I will be attaching links to the two builds very soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SubparRacer said:

My price range is around 1200 I'd like to spend less that's actually over my budget anyway

with $1200, 1080p / solid 60fps is your target. 

you basically need a good gpu start with gtx1660ti as minimal

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

with $1200, 1080p / solid 60fps is your target. 

you basically need a good gpu start with gtx1660ti as minimal

Just posted update to this. So what do we think of either one of these? I do not really understand  gtx n rtx 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried using pc part picker? 

If you input the things you want you will even get a compatibility check. 

Also what I do sometimes is i go to a builder like maingear and put my budget and see what parts they picked then see if i can get them cheaper.

 

at pcpartpicker they also have guides all you do is put your budget and take a look. such as this one its amd 1000 but after tax and shipping you probably be at 1200 maybe not maybe less

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/X77Ycf/great-amd-gamingstreaming-build

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, JimmyConrad said:

Have you tried using pc part picker? 

If you input the things you want you will even get a compatibility check. 

Also what I do sometimes is i go to a builder like maingear and put my budget and see what parts they picked then see if i can get them cheaper.

 

at pcpartpicker they also have guides all you do is put your budget and take a look. such as this one its amd 1000 but after tax and shipping you probably be at 1200 maybe not maybe less

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/X77Ycf/great-amd-gamingstreaming-build

Yea I'm just using mobile right now and just wanted people's advice of weather either one of these could do what I'd like. Every part is compatible I've already when through and checked that. I just would like to figure out if this is a suitable setup for vr and game development. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SubparRacer said:

Yea I'm just using mobile right now and just wanted people's advice of weather either one of these could do what I'd like. Every part is compatible I've already when through and checked that. I just would like to figure out if this is a suitable setup for vr and game development. 

Gotcha, good luck. im kinda a noob too

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SubparRacer said:

Thanks for trying. Good luck as well 

Do you really need 32GB of RAM at this time? RAM prices are huge at the moment.

 

The AMD variant has a bad board choice and a pricy case.

The Intel one has a bad choice of the GPU .

In both the SSD should be M.2 PCI-E.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 191x7 said:

RAM prices are huge at the moment.

you are months too late for that, RAM prices haven't been at the current low for a couple of years.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, 191x7 said:

Do you really need 32GB of RAM at this time? RAM prices are huge at the moment.

 

The AMD variant has a bad board choice and a pricy case.

The Intel one has a bad choice of the GPU .

In both the SSD should be M.2 PCI-E.

I was told the 32gb ram would help with the vr. Tbh this is why I'm here though.  I have no clue what I'm doing. Rearrange parts on either rig if you'd like. Also unsure what you mean about the ssd. Please explain or link me to one that you recommend. Intels build has a bad GPU choice? Please explain.  Can understand the AMD board choice was trying to save $$. Again please feel free to post changes to either build. Mainly trying to do vr and run game engines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SubparRacer said:

 Mainly trying to do vr and run game engines.

1

Oculus Rift, HTC Vive?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 3/21/2019 at 3:41 AM, 191x7 said:

Do you really need 32GB of RAM at this time? RAM prices are huge at the moment.

 

The AMD variant has a bad board choice and a pricy case.

The Intel one has a bad choice of the GPU .

In both the SSD should be M.2 PCI-E.

 I am purely going off of recommendations.  I do not know if I really need 32gb of ram. I was told it will help run the vr smother.  I believe I am going with AMD.  This is what the possible setup looks like now. Any thoughts or concerns? I honestly do know understand what you mean when you were talking about the ssd and the sata ports. Are they going to match up on this build? Still planning on using same ssd in AMD build from earlier in the thread. Even if so I wouldn't care if you explained why the original wouldn't work. If you dont mind. Thanks again 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×