Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FIXXX

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - does it get smoother to press buttons?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Just got a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 from BestBuy for $27 and it's really not comfy to type out of the box. Buttons are really tough and Space is even worse from the right side.

All the buttons are resisting and then just drop down.

Really disappointed. Do the buttons get a smoother press with use?

My Corsair K70 browns got me hooked on silky typing so this MS experience is not feeling alright.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  16GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1x 256 m.2, 1x 500 SSD, 1x 1TB, 1x 4TB   PSU Corsair 1000W  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

11 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Do the buttons get a smoother press with use?

Usually, yes. I use plenty of cheapo Logitech keyboards with various computers, and the switches tend to get less stiff over time.

Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V || NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 || ASUS P6X58-E WS || Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) || ASUS STRIX GTX 770 || Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD || WD Green 1TB 3.5" HDD (7.2K RPM) || Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) || Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables || Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) || Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum || Logitech G27 Racing Wheel || Samsung 23.6" 1080p 60Hz PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) || CPU-Z Validation

4 minutes ago, Geography said:

Usually, yes. I use plenty of cheapo Logitech keyboards with various computers, and the switches tend to get less stiff over time.

Happy to hear. Will have to suffer some more then.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  16GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1x 256 m.2, 1x 500 SSD, 1x 1TB, 1x 4TB   PSU Corsair 1000W  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

On 3/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, FIXXX said:

Just got a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 from BestBuy for $27 and it's really not comfy to type out of the box. Buttons are really tough and Space is even worse from the right side.

All the buttons are resisting and then just drop down.

Really disappointed. Do the buttons get a smoother press with use?

My Corsair K70 browns got me hooked on silky typing so this MS experience is not feeling alright.

I used that exact keyboard for many years before discovering mechanical keyboards. 

What you are describing is how the membrane moves as you press down on the key. It can become a little softer as it wears out, but will never be smooth like a mechanical switch. 

To this day i still wish that MS would make a version of that with Cherry MX blue switches because i miss the wrist position but found that tactile mechanical switches help me more than proper wrist alignment. 

HEDT: i9 7960x @ 5.0 gHz, 64GB @ 3200mHz G.Skill Trident-Z CL14 DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, Asus PG348Q monitor, Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard, Razer Mamba Elite mouse

Mainstream desktop: i9 9900k @ 5.3 gHz, 32GB @ 3200mHz G.Skill Trident-Z CL14 DDR4, Nvidia Titan RTX, Corsair HX1000i, Samsung 960 Pro 1TB, Asus PG279QZ monitor, Asus ROG Claymore keyboard, Speedlink Omnivi Core mouse
Laptop: Razer Blade early 2017 7700hq model, swapped in Samsung 960 Pro 1TB, Intel 8265 Wifi, repasted with Grizzly Kryonaut, thermal pad swap to Fujipoly Extreme XR-m pads

1 hour ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

I used that exact keyboard for many years before discovering mechanical keyboards. 

What you are describing is how the membrane moves as you press down on the key. It can become a little softer as it wears out, but will never be smooth like a mechanical switch. 

To this day i still wish that MS would make a version of that with Cherry MX blue switches because i miss the wrist position but found that tactile mechanical switches help me more than proper wrist alignment. 

Wanted to get this one as it is generally considered quieter, so a more quiet backup kboard is a good thing to have.

So I'm getting used to it for a bit. Typing sure is though both mechanically and tactile-memory wise.