Steam isn't going to count reviews from review-bomb periods

matrix07012
4 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Quick look at Metro 2033 reviews makes me grateful for that option. Because making a picture of two hands showing middle fingers is oh so constructive.

When I see that it tells me that the developer probably did something serious and impacting, often screwing up some functionality of the game or doing something to spite their player-base. And so I look into it, and there's always a reason for it.

So, I think it is constructive.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

12 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

When I see that it tells me that the developer probably did something serious and impacting, often screwing up some functionality of the game or doing something to spite their player-base. And so I look into it, and there's always a reason for it.

So, I think it is constructive.

Except it wasn't. Players literally mobbed on the previous Metro game because they didn't like the devs policy regarding Epic Store exclusivity for the recent one.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Except it wasn't. Players literally mobbed on the previous Metro game because they didn't like the devs policy regarding Epic Store exclusivity for the recent one.

And that expressed something that was actually done, and which is a factor for me for whether I want to support that developer / publisher / store. And it led to me looking into what was happening and learning about it, and finding that the issue mattered to me.

So, it was constructive, if you were willing to engage with what it was commenting.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

And that expressed something that was actually done, and which is a factor for me for whether I want to support that developer / publisher / store. And it led to me looking into what was happening and learning about it, and finding that the issue mattered to me.

So, it was constructive, if you were willing to engage with what it was commenting.

I agree that the issue is worthy of attention - but I don't like the medium used. I don't like the fact that they can go and put a good game through mud even though it has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening now. I chose Metro 2033 for a reason (I could've chosen Last Light as well, by the way) - it's a 9 year old game. 

Sometimes players behave like rabid dogs, biting everything that's in front of them, consequences be damned. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.

I guess it's a good thing hardly anyone remembers that Mass Effect 2 came under EA publishing as well or we'd probably have a wave of shit going its way just because EA.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

May I add a couple pennies?

Found a video about the topic, which I felt was an accomplishment. It does seem difficult to find videos that discuss this.

I know people are busy, so I linked to a better solution than what Valve posted @ 12:19 in the below video. The entire video is good and it's a nice to hear this topic being discussed on YouTube.