Huawei Honor 8 Lite 16GB, is it good?

I'm broke so my max budget is like 130 dollars. :((

I set eyes on this phone, its specs appear to be too good... to be true. 8 cores? 2.1ghz? 3gb of ram? 16gb rom? Wtf? There must be something behind this. Anyone?

It's a two-year-old mid-range phone, what do you expect?

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

No, not good. 2 years old, and it was only low-end / Midrange 2 years ago.

8 Cores: Nothing special. Doesn't mean it's fast. It's 4 slow cores, and 4 slower cores :P Based on outdated A53 Cortex cores.

3gb Ram: Indeed, that is nice for that age and class of the phone. But 3gb Ram is simply "okay / useable" today.

16gb rom: This is horse shit. I would not get that at all. That will be maybe 8-11gb remaining space to fill up with Apps.  If you use Whatsapp alot, and don't delete your pictures/voice messages, videos etc... Whatsapp alone will fill that up. And then you need a new phone.

You can NOT move Whatsapp to SD Card (you can, but the App won't be able to use the data anymore).

You can NOT move other apps to SD Card. Sometimes only Cached data, nothing else.

It's okay for basics, but that's it.

Tbh: The specs are quite bad.

And there won't be any updates anymore, you buy a "dead horse". It has an outdated Android, and will never be up 2 date.

You should rather look into different phones, much newer ones.

How much would you pay for:

- Xiaomi A2 Lite (VERY good allrounder. 32gb/3gb is base model, 64gb/4gb Ram for like 20 bucks more. I would go for it. It has Android-One, and will get updates for 2,5 more years, has a huge battery, headphone Jack etc.

- Xiaomi Note 5 (here also, 32/3gb configuration as base model. Or Note 6 Pro.

- Motorola G6 generation (or even 5 gen?)

On your search, please try to filter out ANYTHING that came out 2017 or before that. Only view phones that came out at least 2018.

I guess, Xiaomi A2 Lite will be your best bet, even if it's slightly above :/ No chance in saving up a few bucks more?

On 3/15/2019 at 7:48 PM, Darkseth said:

No, not good. 2 years old, and it was only low-end / Midrange 2 years ago.

8 Cores: Nothing special. Doesn't mean it's fast. It's 4 slow cores, and 4 slower cores :P Based on outdated A53 Cortex cores.

3gb Ram: Indeed, that is nice for that age and class of the phone. But 3gb Ram is simply "okay / useable" today.

16gb rom: This is horse shit. I would not get that at all. That will be maybe 8-11gb remaining space to fill up with Apps.  If you use Whatsapp alot, and don't delete your pictures/voice messages, videos etc... Whatsapp alone will fill that up. And then you need a new phone.

You can NOT move Whatsapp to SD Card (you can, but the App won't be able to use the data anymore).

You can NOT move other apps to SD Card. Sometimes only Cached data, nothing else.

It's okay for basics, but that's it.

Tbh: The specs are quite bad.

And there won't be any updates anymore, you buy a "dead horse". It has an outdated Android, and will never be up 2 date.

You should rather look into different phones, much newer ones.

How much would you pay for:

- Xiaomi A2 Lite (VERY good allrounder. 32gb/3gb is base model, 64gb/4gb Ram for like 20 bucks more. I would go for it. It has Android-One, and will get updates for 2,5 more years, has a huge battery, headphone Jack etc.

- Xiaomi Note 5 (here also, 32/3gb configuration as base model. Or Note 6 Pro.

- Motorola G6 generation (or even 5 gen?)

On your search, please try to filter out ANYTHING that came out 2017 or before that. Only view phones that came out at least 2018.

I guess, Xiaomi A2 Lite will be your best bet, even if it's slightly above :/ No chance in saving up a few bucks more?

Thx for your detailed answer.

What about "Huawei P Smart"? Not the 2019 version, the older model. I've read positive things about it.