Versatile display - please input

solarflare

So 

I PC game and i also game on my xbox one S 

the Xbox one S can do 120hz and 1440p but only on HDMI 2.0 - I want it to be able to do this 

Currently i have a triple screen setup on my Gaming PC 

i have 120hz screens in 24" non have hdmi 2.0 so even if i wanted to use one screen for xbox one S it would be only a 60hz 1080p display. 

Im looking for a 32+ up to 40 Inch(would be nice)  display that can do at least 120hz on 1440p (skipping 4k for now due to its limitations). with HDMI 2.0 minimum. 

my GPU's can input DVI/DP/etc (290x's) so im not so worried about the pc. 

Mostly i want the best display i can get with these compatibility issues. so at least 1x hdmi 2.0 1440p 120hz (min). 

And id like it to be large inch display. Id opt for a wide display but its not supported at all on xbox one S or X. 

Id accept borders on screen if it was better than alternatives. 

Anyone have any real solutions to this? 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

HDMI 1.3 supports 1080P 120Hz so you could use one of your existing monitors at just a lower resolution. Where did you hear that a Xbox One S can do 1440P 120Hz? I've never heard that before.

Well im saying currently - my Displays that can do 120hz on dp or dual link dvi can not do 120hz even 1080 on hdmi.. 

I want to avoid gotcha type problems mostly i dont want to buy a display that i cant use for what i'm trying to do is the general idea here.

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

30 minutes ago, solarflare said:

So 

I PC game and i also game on my xbox one S 

the Xbox one S can do 120hz and 1440p but only on HDMI 2.0 - I want it to be able to do this 

Currently i have a triple screen setup on my Gaming PC 

i have 120hz screens in 24" non have hdmi 2.0 so even if i wanted to use one screen for xbox one S it would be only a 60hz 1080p display. 

Im looking for a 32+ up to 40 Inch(would be nice)  display that can do at least 120hz on 1440p (skipping 4k for now due to its limitations). with HDMI 2.0 minimum. 

my GPU's can input DVI/DP/etc (290x's) so im not so worried about the pc. 

Mostly i want the best display i can get with these compatibility issues. so at least 1x hdmi 2.0 1440p 120hz (min). 

And id like it to be large inch display. Id opt for a wide display but its not supported at all on xbox one S or X. 

Id accept borders on screen if it was better than alternatives. 

There is a list of monitors that support 120+ Hz over HDMI in section 7 here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3675170/connect-120-display-construction.html

56 minutes ago, solarflare said:

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2431/hdmi_to_displayport_adapter/

"Adapter supports resolutions up to UHD 4096x2160 at 30 Hz and Full HD 1920 x 1080p at 120Hz."

BenQ EX3203R

This monitor seems about right i guess. 

I wouldn't mind something bigger so i can set it back further and split the screen when i need to multitask but i dont think ultrawide displays are going to be any easier on the eyes the 35" version benq offers similar to this is just wider however its shorter so usable screen is potentially less when gaming esp when switched to a console that does not support ultra wide rez

What do you guys think? have you stumped on anything like this but in a 34" possibly?