The ultimate teacher PC??

Good afternoon! (or whenever you're reading this...are time of day salutations still useful?)

Ok, so I teach grade 7 and 8 and am also a bit of a tech nerd. I have an Oculus DK2, a Vive, and have a Pimax 5k plus on the way (initially backed the 8k, but all my research points me to the 5k just looking better). I can see a time in the very near future where virtual reality, or just far better computers, will play a massive role in education, and I want to be a part of that wave.

For a very long time I've wanted to build a crazy PC along the lines of a 10 gamers / 1 cpu...but for my classroom. Running a ton of virtual machines all connected through my rig would be far more useful and 'maneuverable' than chromebooks and the limited computers school boards are able to purchase. I've been following the LTT videos, be it for editing or gaming rigs, and have come to the conclusion that that's still quite a ways off (both in feasibility of setup, and cost...although I'm not opposed to spending a significant amount on a setup if it'll work reliably). My goal would be to have a bunch of useful workstations without having to buy so many full setups.

With my pimax on the way, I'm looking to build an over the top PC that can do everything...VR gaming, capture, streaming, editing, all that fun stuff...oh, and portable so that I can take it with me and do some demos. So nothing in a massive case, and hopefully a case with handles! I intend to make VR videos to teach the subject matter for the classes I'm teaching, so capture needs to be smooth, and ideally I don't need a second PC if I want to stream. Budget isn't unlimited, but I'll consider anything if it's got good reasoning behind it.

I'm just starting my research, and the only thing that seems clear so far is that I should probably go with a 2080ti, based on the VR demands alone.

I'm not lazy and looking for people to research for me, just checking to see if anyone has done anything similar, or might have some suggestions. I'll be building it in the next few weeks (unless there's a good reason to put it off for a few months), so please get in touch if you have any suggestions or ideas!

Have a great day!

No compromises balls to the walls (but portable) would be:

Track down a Corsair 380T. May not be easy, but it is the ultimate portable PC case.

ITX X299 board https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-X299E-ITX-AC-X299-DDR4/dp/B075KJJ93M

i9-7980XE: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G6K58869&Description=x299 cpu&cm_re=x299_cpu-_-19-117-836-_-Product

GPU: RTX 2080Ti (or Titan RTX, but thats mega pricey...)

Corsair RM 1000X: https://www.amazon.com/d/Computer-Power-Supplies/CORSAIR-RM1000x-Certified-Modular-Supply/B015YEI7LK

Storage is up to you, cooler is... whatever air cooler will fit, I don't know X299 well enough to make a recommendation. If this is too much, the only place to save money is step down on the processor. But any X299 i9 will be plenty.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Also, it slipped my mind, but it may be worth waiting for Zen 2. Supposedly AMD will be bringing 16c chips to AM4.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは