Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomL

Use Blu Tack

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, basically using blu tack for various things for computers is something I think is so underused, like cable management, to hold a wire in place if it needs to be held at a funny angle to work, I use it on my phone charger so i can stick it to my bedside when its unplugged for when I need it, but yeah Blue tack, what do you guys think?

Maybe.. I don't know about cable management though. 

Take what I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

If you're replying to me, make sure to quote me or mention me (@XR6), otherwise I won't see your reply.

Useful links: Community Standards | New PSU Tier List | Posting Guidelines | Motherboard Tier List | Build Guide Megathread | GPU Cooler Tier List | How to set up a Linux PC from start to finish

"1998 Volvo S70 T5 5-speed":

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 126

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Samsung S24D590L

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

I guess it would be useful for picking up particles or fallen screws in hard to reach places but for cable management I just don't see it.

If your pozi drive is not magnetic, forcing the screw tip in with blutac can create a vacuum that will help stop it from falling out.

You can use it to plug a small hole in your fly screen or gap in the wall where ants come in.

You can use it as a stress relief device if your boss has banned fidget spinners.

You can put posters up on your wall like this:

rockbedrooms.jpg.e1a481a770ac91acbf9b5f17d31c54f5.jpg

Incidentally, if your bedroom didn't look like this then you are uncultured and need to go listen to some big hair bands from the 80's.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

7 hours ago, fargonaz said:

I'm boycotting Australia so I can't use it.

I'll bite, why?

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

-= Locked =-

Basically Status Update material.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER