Do I need integrated graphics?

Hello everyone!

I recently built a new computer, featuring an i7 8700k, and a GTX 1070 TI. I noticed during driver installation, there wasn't anything about an integrated graphics driver. (the mb: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z390-PRO-GAMING/) I know very well that the 1070TI can handle gaming, however, would having an integrated graphics installed do anything at all? Would it take the strain away from the GPU during gaming, or would it not matter because the processor has to deal with it anyway? 

Other than that, I have a lot of ports (PCI-E of many types) to use. Would it benefit my computer if I were to have a dedicated (but weak) GPU just for handling Windows 10, and non-gaming things? Or does it really not matter too much in the end?

In a nutshell:

-Would an integrated graphics driver help take strain away from a single GPU

-Would having a dedicated (cheap) gpu to fill a PCI-E slot be a nice alternative to integrated graphics

-Does it even matter?

No, you don't need, laptops use both integrated graphics and dedicated gpu for power savings. don't mess with things and enjoy that 1070ti beautifying graphics

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Since you have a CPU that's Skylake or later you could take advantage of QuickSync encoding in Premiere which is actually pretty damn good (or QS in OBS which honestly just isn't as good as NVENC). Aside from that, honestly all an iGPU is good for IMO in a desktop is if your dedicated card dies on you and you need a stop gap.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

While the "processor' is technically handling it, the integrated graphics is separate from the CPU portion of the processor. Using integrated graphics alone will not cause an increase in CPU usage in of itself. With that said, I don't think it's something you really need to concern yourself with. But it is handy to have for sure when it comes to troubleshooting, and waiting for a replacement graphics card if yours decides to die.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

having the integrated gpu won't slow anything down. It can be beneficial in certain encoding applications like @flibberdipper said. 

If you're having trouble finding it, you should be able to see it in device manager to make sure its functioning properly

You guys are awesome! Incredibly helpful. So a couple things. 

I may as well have integrated graphics, since it won't do anything negative, only help if my gpu decides to *fart sound*

As for getting the integrated graphics to begin with, I can't find it anywhere! It wasn't in the driver list, either. 

Windows usually just takes care of all that stuff for you when you need it, as long as it's enabled in the bios.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, XPI Sigma said:

As for getting the integrated graphics to begin with, I can't find it anywhere! It wasn't in the driver list

The driver may already be installed, but you can go directly to Intel's site to get the graphics drivers required. This will also insure that you have the latest version installed or at your disposal. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Thank you all for your help! I think the reason why I can't see the integrated is because it was "disabled" by the motherboard automatically. Because windows still showed up before the GPU was even installed.

Thanks again!