[Help Thread] The Division 2 Frame Drop Fix

RaidAU

What to do if you get stuttering or frame drops in The Division 2

My Current PC Specs Vs Game Requirements (1080p60)

Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 vs i7-4790

16GB DDR3 vs 8GB

AMD RX Vega 64 vs AMD RX 480

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOUR GPU SUPPORTS DX12 AND IS A LOT MORE POWERFUL THAN YOUR CPU!

My CPU would hit 100% usage at 1080p max settings so this is the only thing I could find so far to fix this issue. 

If your GPU is a lot better than your CPU, try and offload the stress to the GPU. I did this by setting almost everything to the highest setting and turning on DX12 as it seems to only use around 90% of the CPU compared to 100% on DX 11. If you find anything else that can help more with this issue, feel free to make a post in this thread!

you could also set a frame limit, or increase the resolution in your gpu control panel in games 

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

I have no idea how some people can reach 100% CPU usage with 4C/8T CPU when gaming, or is it only in this game?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue and i dont have sound in the game:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

geforce gtx 1080

Ram: 16 on 3333

and i can make onli 30 fps for 1 minet then the game is on 2 fps and crash

This game is all screwed up, lot of people reporting FPS issues.

I can't even play the damn game yet. I already downloaded 42GB for the Epic Game Launcher but it re-directs me to UPLAY and it's d/l another 42GB as I type this.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

So all if you have issue white this game you can fix it whit this guid:

http://frondtech.com/division-2-performance-guide-fix-lag-fps-drops-bugs-and-stuttering/

and if you use Logitech and you using the driver for the head founs the fps is drop to 30 ore 35 when the driver is off no issue. check this:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/508213-the-division-2-no-sound-pc-bug-fix?fbclid=IwAR1HEMgyGryajAc-eQUKtwmS6b9JDPJ1JuBWsqiyzuCxeiPSqBkEWtv6edY