What power supply?

TheRenan115
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

no but since I'm going today I thought I could buy it

The Seasonic 550 G would be my recommendation if you can shop elsewhere. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr550rm

What psu should i get because my old one died. Im between a corsair cx750 and a corsair GS700.

CPU: AMD FX 8320 plus a hyper 212 evo

GPU: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (OC)

HDD: 1TB WD

RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix

MOBO: Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS

I want to know if on one i could overclock my cpu.

Get a cx600 or the xfx 600w psu, they are the same inside, which ever one is cheaper is the  one to get

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Where are you shopping/located?

Unless you're planning to sli, a cx500 is plenty.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have the GS 700 but I don't recommend it due to the lack of PCI connectors. The LED isn't really something you'll see so go for anything in the similar category of wattage.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I'm personally not a fan of the GS series, have had a few underperform. I would say the CX 750 (or smaller if you don't want more cards) would be a good option. Also what brown said above ^^

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Everything that they said^, but DO NOT overclock your 8320 on that board. If anything, undervolt it. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I would get a XFX Core 550W if you don't plan to SLI in the future as it is enough to run this system. I wouldn't overclock your 8320 it is only a 3+1 phase and there are no heatsinks on the VRM.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Everything that they said^, but DO NOT overclock your 8320 on that board. If anything, undervolt it.

yes I know I'm upgrading to a m5a99x from Asus

Get a cx600 or the xfx 600w psu, they are the same inside, which ever one is cheaper is the one to get

the cx600 died in less than 3months so I don't know

the cx600 died in less than 3months so I don't know

Anomalies happen, make when i built pcs for money i got quite a lot of builds done, around 150, of those around 10 parts broke somehow, these things happen, it sucks but its not the psus fault in this case, a cx500 would be fine with the workload 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Seeing how your motherboard doesn't have support for SLI/CFX, you don't need a GS700 or CX750.

What is your budget and where are you able to buy from? The budget oriented CX500v3 can certainly power your system.

Get a cx600 or the xfx 600w psu, they are the same inside, which ever one is cheaper is the  one to get

They aren't the same unit on the inside.

Seeing how your motherboard doesn't have support for SLI/CFX, you don't need a GS700 or CX750.

What is your budget and where are you able to buy from? The budget oriented CX500v3 can certainly power your system.

They aren't the same unit on the inside.

cx600 and xfx pro series are exactly the same inside, its just that simple, just me i did a lot of psu research a while back for a roundup. Your info might be false

Listen if you care.

cx600 and xfx pro series are exactly the same inside, its just that simple, just me i did a lot of psu research a while back for a roundup. Your info might be false

The CX600 is based on a modified DSA-II unit from Channel Well Tech. The XFX Core Edition 450-550w is based on the group-regulated S12II Bronze unit from Seasonic and the 650-850w model are the DC-DC regulated SS-***AT from Seasonic like the Corsair TXv2 series. They are not the same unit.

Anomalies happen, make when i built pcs for money i got quite a lot of builds done, around 150, of those around 10 parts broke somehow, these things happen, it sucks but its not the psus fault in this case, a cx500 would be fine with the workload

thanks I thinks I'll get cx750 because I need the watts for future upgrades

Where are you shopping/located?

Unless you're planning to sli, a cx500 is plenty.

microcenter

There is a serious problem with this thread, CX series is absolutely terrible. If your not running CF/SLI, overvolting, or OCing(CPU), then you will never need more than 450w.

SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM is great for the money, a little extra wattage too.

Hey look you found my sig.

There is a serious problem with this thread, CX series is absolutely terrible. If your not running CF/SLI, overvolting, or OCing(CPU), then you will never need more than 450w.

SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM is great for the money, a little extra wattage too.

future upgrades man.

future upgrades man.

Whats your budget, that would help alot.

microcenter

Only? Are you open to other US shops?

future upgrades man.

Unless you're dropping in 100 hdd's, a Seasonic 550 G should be plenty for any single gpu system.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A PSU from the bequiet range; top quality German engineering

I agree, but so overpriced in the US.

Only? Are you open to other US shops?

Unless you're dropping in 100 hdd's, a Seasonic 550 G should be plenty for any single gpu system.

in future I'm going with a better mobo and maybe sli

in future I'm going with a better mobo and maybe sli

I doubt it would be a good idea since there would probably be a better single gpu solution when it comes time to upgrade.

In the case that you do sli, a good 650w is plenty.

The CX600 is based on a modified DSA-II unit from Channel Well Tech. The XFX Core Edition 450-550w is based on the group-regulated S12II Bronze unit from Seasonic and the 650-850w model are the DC-DC regulated SS-***AT from Seasonic like the Corsair TXv2 series. They are not the same unit.

you could be right, lucky that i had forgotten the websites name, shit would go down. Anyways apologies for doubting you

Listen if you care.

I doubt it would be a good idea since there would probably be a better single gpu solution when it comes time to upgrade.

In the case that you do sli, a good 650w is plenty.

what when did u get modified

Error: 410