What Keyboard should I buy

Smiles4Miles
12 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Unfortunately not. They are boutique switches meant to be bought and installed into an empty PCB/keyboard.

Oh. Is there a keyboard with the keys i like? Quite tactile and silent?

3 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

Oh. Is there a keyboard with the keys i like? Quite tactile and silent?

You could always get a hotswap board like a rama m60a, gmmk, or massdrop ctrl. A good silent tactile switch would be Zilents or on the more budget friendly option are silenced gateron brown switches. 

57 minutes ago, b emoji said:

You could always get a hotswap board like a rama m60a, gmmk, or massdrop ctrl. A good silent tactile switch would be Zilents or on the more budget friendly option are silenced gateron brown switches. 

Cant seem to find the m60a to buy somewhere so going with the gmmk. Also, where can i find some keycaps? I chose the tkl version.

9 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

Cant seem to find the m60a to buy somewhere so going with the gmmk. Also, where can i find some keycaps? I chose the tkl version.

https://ramaworks.store/products/m60-a-seq2 Ramaworks M60a Seq 2 GB untill march 10th 

As for the keycaps since the gmmk has a standard layout and cherry style switches you can use most cherry keycap sets. Some good ones right now are the GMK Bento Group buy, and the Gmk White on Black on massdrop right now. Ducky also has some decent doubleshot pbt caps, you can buy them on mechanicalkeyboards.com 

9 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

Glorious sells caps with with the gmmk, but they're kind of ugly IMO.

15 hours ago, geo3 said:

Glorious sells caps with with the gmmk, but they're kind of ugly IMO.

Ok.

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 12:04 AM, Smiles4Miles said:

So I want a new keyboard. Ive tried the Amazon basics keyboard, red dragon keyboard with blue switches, k120, g213, and g710+ with romer g. I like the k120, g213, and red dragon. I wish the red dragon keyboard had more of a bump. I also want a mech keyboard. I would like it to be a nice bump that i can easily feel, like the g213. And quiet as well.

I used to have a Corsair K70R. I loved it but the spacebar broke. It was like 4 years old. I now have the Corsair Strafe Cherry Blue. I love it. Corsair makes decent mechanical keyboards.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

While not Amazon basics, while I was searching for a better keyboard specifically geared to-ward gaming functionality I discovered the MageGee gaming keyboard and mouse combo packaged deal for $26.99 with no shipping costs.  Works with pc/labtop and MAC and I am using that for applications that dont require a lot of typing.