Samsung Foldable phone leaked

Johnny4990
10 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Smartphones are not required to survive.  Many people still live to this day and work without using any form of modern technology.

Yeah this is the wrong demographic to talk about not needing technology to survive. Safe to say everyone on this forum needs it some degree. I mean it's in the darn title haha.

5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

And that is their loss. And yes, opinions can be wrong. 

I don't think opinion are a binary thing. Opinions are inherently relative. It's a minor detail anyway.

On-Topic:

I think the Galaxy Fold is a promising yet luxury device. I think the folded display is simply too small by modern day standards but the technology is surprisingly very promising. App Continuity is very promising too.

2 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Yeah this is the wrong demographic to talk about not needing technology to survive.

No, it's not. Otherwise you see these type of people pushing for things like state issuing smartphones to people on welfare because "it's a right" and "it's necessary to survive in modern society."

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

49 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

But you’ll need a phone of some description.

They don’t even sell paper maps anymore, and people are incredibly unreliable when it comes to directions, especially with our reliance on GPS. 

Again, how are you going to do that without a phone? Public telephones aren’t really a thing anymore. 

It’s a luxury for some things, but incredibly important for many people’s livelyhoods. The government even believes that citizens need access to the internet, why don’t you? 

You’re right. But when you can get a smartphone for so cheap, why deny yourself the convenience and peace of mind? 

It is your opinion, because as far as I’m aware, there isn’t a book of facts with “People don’t need smartphones” written in it. And yes, your opinion is wrong. 

There are plenty of cheap phones, you don't need a $1,000 phone to survive and I can survive with a $50 Nokia feature phone. If a person is addicted to social media,probably not, there's also smartphones for around $200 that do everything most would want.

Nope I can still buy maps that cover the whole state and every city,stores and gas stations still sell them, and I've needed one when the GPS gave me wrong directions. But I doubt a lot of people can even read a paper map anymore lol.

If a phone is important enough for a job then your employer often provides you one, internet  isn't a requirement to survive either, though it certainly is nice to have since I hardly watch TV.

How is their opinion wrong? Aside from talking, texting, and maybe using the internet on your phone for the weather, everything else on a smartphone is there for the convenience not a necessity.

Just now, Drak3 said:

No, it's not. Otherwise you see these type of people pushing for things like state issuing smartphones to people on welfare because "it's a right" and "it's necessary to survive in modern society."

I know, it was a joke because we're on a tech forum.

6 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

There are plenty of cheap phones, you don't need a $1,000 phone to survive and I can survive with a $50 Nokia feature phone. If a person is addicted to social media,probably not, there's also smartphones for around $200 that do everything most would want.

Nope I can still buy maps that cover the whole state and every city,stores and gas stations still sell them, and I've needed one when the GPS gave me wrong directions. But I doubt a lot of people can even read a paper map anymore lol.

If a phone is important enough for a job then your employer often provides you one, internet  isn't a requirement to survive either, though it certainly is nice to have since I hardly watch TV.

How is their opinion wrong? Aside from talking, texting, and maybe using the internet on your phone for the weather, everything else on a smartphone is there for the convenience not a necessity.

Smartphones for 60€ do that. They might not do it super fast, but they do everything those for 1000€ do as far as web browsing and social media garbage requires...

23 minutes ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

Yeah we need to unfold our phones now while driving. God help us.

you shouldn't have a phone while driving to begin with

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>