Xbox One Passthrough

So, for people who want to record their gameplay for example, they have to buy a capture card (which is very expensive btw)because software solutions are often limited duration and/or have a watermark and they drop your framerate when you use them when gaming (especially on lower-end systems). I have an Xbox One and it has HDMI passthrough so I was wondering if there is some kind of software for the xbox to record my gameplay while connected to the pc and a monitor with HDMI. That would be great because I wouldn't have to buy a seperate capture card for recording my gameplay. Is there maybe some application for that or just an option???

It's unlikely, assuming you want to use your Xbox to record your PC. OneGuide (the pass-through app) disables Xbox's recording features. If you have two PCs at your disposal, you can pass-through the game from your gaming PC to your Xbox, stream that to the other PC using the Xbox app, and then record it with something like OBS.

Using Xbox for encoding would be probably worse than using your PC for it. I also doubt that passthrough would work for it. Since its purpose is to pass signal through. You would need video input for using device as recorder.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

So, that is an option. Just one problem. I have another 4 laptops available but none of them has windows 10. They all have windows 7. So can I install the xbox app on windows 7?