Audio

Sythic

hay um does anyone know how to transfer audio like my microphone from my windows pc to my other lunix laptop and then transfer the audio from the laptop to my pc

a usb drive should be able to move any audio files you may have from one to the other

4 minutes ago, Sythic said:

no like live over the internet

Why do you want to do that?

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Why do you want to do that?

see I have 2 pcs one ruining ubuntu and one running windows 10 my pc cant rly handle games so I want to be able to play the game on my windows pc and use discord on my ubuntu that's why

Just now, Sythic said:

see I have 2 pcs one ruining ubuntu and one running windows 10 my pc cant rly handle games so I want to be able to play the game on my windows pc and use discord on my ubuntu that's why

So why do they need to run between each other? Just have them near each other and run Discord off the Ubuntu PC.

Running discord on another PC will make 0 difference to your performance in games.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 minutes ago, Sythic said:

Why do you want to use Discord only on Ubuntu?  This sounds like a lot of nuisance and setup to solve something that could be accomplished by just running Discord on your Windows PC, or alternatively just bring your laptop over close to your PC so you can use it "locally" without sending and receiving sound to and from the Windows PC.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You can run audio signal much easier than video, but the cabling will be mess. Doing it over internet will be worse than running it from main PC, just because there will be some lag.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/21/2019 at 6:19 AM, Sythic said:

hay um does anyone know how to transfer audio like my microphone from my windows pc to my other lunix laptop and then transfer the audio from the laptop to my pc

Do you mean files or audio steam?