please help need mac osx 10.9 app store installer

can anyone help?

i have a mac pro 1,1 that has been upgrade to a 2,2 that want to use to replace my g5 in my home studio 

i am having issues getting Mavericks on it using SFOTT but it will not create the usb stick i be-live the issue is because i am not using the app store installer as mavericks is not on my account.

does anyone have Mavericks on their apple ID that they could download and send to me.

thanks

jack. 

have you tried booting to recovery by holding CMD+R when you hear the boot chime? this will then bring you to the recovery partition or download it from the web if you don't have it so you can then install and download Mac OS

I lurk a lot

20 minutes ago, ...... said:

can anyone help?

i have a mac pro 1,1 that has been upgrade to a 2,2 that want to use to replace my g5 in my home studio 

i am having issues getting Mavericks on it using SFOTT but it will not create the usb stick i be-live the issue is because i am not using the app store installer as mavericks is not on my account.

does anyone have Mavericks on their apple ID that they could download and send to me.

thanks

jack. 

Uploading to my NAS, will DM you a download link. Stand by...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

3 minutes ago, peej said:

have you tried booting to recovery by holding CMD+R when you hear the boot chime? this will then bring you to the recovery partition or download it from the web if you don't have it so you can then install and download Mac OS

The Mac Pro 2,2 is too old for internet recovery.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

1 minute ago, peej said:

that would be the easiest way but this mac is to old to support that

thanks for the reply

7 minutes ago, LuckyCla said:

use hackintosh or windows bud

This is a Mac, hackintosh is redundant.

Also, the Mac Pro 2,2 is limited to 32 bit windows. Which is ass, to put it simply.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

thank you

jack

25 minutes ago, ...... said:

can anyone help?

thanks

jack. 

We cannot send you a MacOS installer app file as this violates Apple's EULA because no one other than Apple is legally allowed to distribute this. If you truly have the hardware of a MacPro1,1 it won't even run MacOX 10.9 - the highest version it will run is MacOS 10.7.5 according to https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-2.66-specs.html

There is no such thing as a MacPro2,2 so I'm not sure what you mean by yours has been upgraded... Even the MacPro2,1 cannot run anything beyond MacOS 10.7.5 officially... https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-eight-core-3.0-specs.html

4 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Hopefully not, because the legal repercussions can be very bad, both for yourself, but also for the forums...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

We cannot send you a MacOS installer app file as this violates Apple's EULA because no one other than Apple is legally allowed to distribute this. If you truly have the hardware of a MacPro1,1 it won't even run MacOX 10.9 - the highest version it will run is MacOS 10.7.5 according to https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-2.66-specs.html

There is no such thing as a MacPro2,2 so I'm not sure what you mean by yours has been upgraded... Even the MacPro2,1 cannot run anything beyond MacOS 10.7.5 officially... https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-eight-core-3.0-specs.html

Hopefully not, because the legal repercussions can be very bad, both for yourself, but also for the forums...

the mac pro 1,1 and 2,2 can unofficially run up to mac osx elcapitan with a modified boot efi

Just now, ...... said:

the mac pro 1,1 and 2,2 can unofficially run up to mac osx elcapitan with a modified boot efi

Cool, I did not know this as I've been out of the MacOS & hackintosh scene since MacOS 10.7 or 10.8 came out. In that case, I'd suggest visiting a buddy with a Mac that you can use to download the installer app file, then create a bootable USB installer. Or take your machine to an Apple store and demand that they help you with the product they sold you.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Apple TOS provides a license for all compatible software via purchase of a Mac device. Because of this, and his ownership of a Mac Pro; there is nothing illegal about receiving unmodified Apple installers.

This is why there are no Product Key's for macOS. Your hardware is the key.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, kirashi said:

Cool, I did not know this as I've been out of the MacOS & hackintosh scene since MacOS 10.7 or 10.8 came out. In that case, I'd suggest visiting a buddy with a Mac that you can use to download the installer app file, then create a bootable USB installer. Or take your machine to an Apple store and demand that they help you with the product they sold you.

unfortunately all of the people i know have pcs so would be usless to me right now 

thanks for the reply 

4 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Apple TOS provides a license for all compatible software via purchase of a Mac device. Because of this, and his ownership of a Mac Pro; there is nothing illegal about receiving unmodified Apple installers.

This is why there are no Product Key's for macOS. Your hardware is the key.

Taken from section 2-H of the official EULA for MacOS 10.9 right on Apple's website: https://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX109.pdf

H. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so. Except as otherwise permitted by the terms of this License or otherwise licensed by Apple: (i) only one user may use the Apple Software at a time, and (ii) you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be run or used by multiple computers at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Apple Software.

This is why I choose to download software installers via torrents even when I have a valid paid license for said software - it's often easier and faster to acquire and install the software through unofficial means than by using a convoluted & buggy launcher or download manager, once I've already paid for a license to use it. (looking at you, Adobe) I personally don't care, because I too believe that the use of any software is governed by a users' license (or lack thereof) and not by how such user acquires such software, but don't want to see you or anyone else get in trouble over this.

6 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Taken from section 2-H of the official EULA for MacOS 10.9 right on Apple's website: https://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX109.pdf

This is why I choose to download software installers via torrents even when I have a valid paid license for said software - it's often easier and faster to acquire and install the software through unofficial means than by using a convoluted & buggy launcher or download manager, once I've already paid for a license to use it. (looking at you, Adobe) I personally don't care, because I too believe that the use of any software is governed by a users' license (or lack thereof) and not by how such user acquires such software, but don't want to see you or anyone else get in trouble over this.

You got me on the EULA. I didnt read it closely, I didnt think anybody did.

But

This forum and its moderators/admins host and indirectly promote EULA violating material such as: Modified drivers (From the gaming on a mining card video. Big EULA violation), and Modified Operating Systems ("Windows 9"). I dont think they'd care if a user privately distributed unmodified installers of software Apple abandoned roughly 5 years ago. Apple does not distribute, support, or offer technical support on any software or hardware above 3 years of age at the most; thus putting Mavericks in the category of Abandonware which is legally redistrobutable anyways. 

Speaking of, I was actually looking for that Windows 9 installer. I could never find it.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Also, the Mac Pro 2,2 is limited to 32 bit windows. Which is ass, to put it simply.

It'll happily run 64-bit Windows, the trick is getting one installed. Easiest way is installing Windows elsewhere, and then just throwing in the drive.

@...... Did you get the installer?

7 hours ago, tatte said:

It'll happily run 64-bit Windows, the trick is getting one installed. Easiest way is installing Windows elsewhere, and then just throwing in the drive.

@...... Did you get the installer?

It has a 32 bit EFI, which makes things difficult.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

It has a 32 bit EFI, which makes things difficult.

Indeed, but that doesn't make it limited to 32-bit Windows. These old Macs are having hard enough time without people spreading misinformation.

58 minutes ago, tatte said:

Indeed, but that doesn't make it limited to 32-bit Windows. These old Macs are having hard enough time without people spreading misinformation.

I had always heard that the 32bit EFI limited it to 32 bit windows. I will admit i never bothered fact checking.

Learn something new every day I guess.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

I had always heard that the 32bit EFI limited it to 32 bit windows. I will admit i never bothered fact checking.

And there's the problem. Here's two (one, two) pictures just in case you need convincing. Hopefully you go on telling people what's possible, or at least stop claiming something's impossible when it's not.

24 minutes ago, tatte said:

And there's the problem. Here's two (one, two) pictures just in case you need convincing. Hopefully you go on telling people what's possible, or at least stop claiming something's impossible when it's not.

I'll be sure to spread the word, though I have owned and still do own a few macs I never owned a Mac Pro. They seem to be difficult to come by from my local sources, and I would never pay to ship such a massive thing. Knowing even the oldest ones can run 64 bit windows does make me a bit more excited to find one though.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler