DeepCool gammaxx 400

HypedKid

I'm thinking about changing my stock ryzen cooler to gammaxx 400, is it any better than stock? I want something more quiet and lower temps

(My cpu 2200g)

The Gammaxx 400 is a good cooler. I have one on a 4690k I have in my in-laws build and it works perfectly and keeps the chip very cool in there wood heated house. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The Gammaxx 400 is a good cooler. I have one on a 4690k I have in my in-laws build and it works perfectly and keeps the chip very cool in there wood heated house. 

What was your stock cooler temps and DC 400? 

17 minutes ago, HypedKid said:

What was your stock cooler temps and DC 400? 

Not sure, never had the 4690k under stock cooler since it was my old chip under water until I upgraded and gave it to them. Right now its at 35c at idle with a wood stove about 10 feet away 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

the Gammax 400 is a little better than the Hyper 212 as i remember it, so it should be a bit cooler

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If your in the market for the  tried and true Gammaxx 400. Be sure to check out their newer offerings still hovering around $30-35/U.S. The Gammaxx GT or the even newer Gammaxx GTE. 

The Gammaxx 400 is a classic. Comparable (although a good bit behind) the Cryorig H7/Quad Lumi ($55) and slightly behind/almost even with the Hyper 212 ($39), that's impressive because the 400 is usually around $20 now. But it's being overshadowed by the GT/GTE. All of these coolers beat the fairly decent Wraith Spire stock Ryzen cooler hands down in all the thermal tests I've seen on Gen2 Ryzen and they all perform well with the admittedly warm Intel 9th Gen i5 9600K too. The Deep Cool Gammaxx GT is pretty much head to head with prized H7 from Cryorig for 10-15 dollars less in the U.S, in some tests it's a few degrees cooler than it.

Be aware both of these coolers require around 160mm clearance from your side panel (window)

Sys.BI In progress

Phantek EvolvX, HX1200i,EKWB Loop,DDR4.3600... Waiting on Ryzen Gen III to complete

Sys.A:(NAS)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @4,??? MHz

Paste: Kryonaut

Cooling: EVGA CLC-240 

Mainboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 

Memory: G.Skill DDR4 3200

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX-2060 Ventus 

Storage: Toshiba Enterprise MC/MG Physicals + WD M.2 

Power: Thermaltake Tough-Power Grand RGB 850 (80+Gold) Chassis: Fractal Design Node 804 

Fans: BioniX P-120s

Controllers: Deep Cool FH-10, Sata-Six Raid Card

I/0: Microsoft & AmboLove WR | AmboLove Track

Sound: ABox 

Salsa Preference: Spicy

NB:

Hewlett Packard EliteBook Folio 9470M (Intel i7)

Other Things:

Amazon Fire Tablet 8 v7

11 hours ago, Pcexbird said:

If your in the market for the  tried and true Gammaxx 400. Be sure to check out their newer offerings still hovering around $30-35/U.S. The Gammaxx GT or the even newer Gammaxx GTE. 

The Gammaxx 400 is a classic. Comparable (although a good bit behind) the Cryorig H7/Quad Lumi ($55) and slightly behind/almost even with the Hyper 212 ($39), that's impressive because the 400 is usually around $20 now. But it's being overshadowed by the GT/GTE. All of these coolers beat the fairly decent Wraith Spire stock Ryzen cooler hands down in all the thermal tests I've seen on Gen2 Ryzen and they all perform well with the admittedly warm Intel 9th Gen i5 9600K too. The Deep Cool Gammaxx GT is pretty much head to head with prized H7 from Cryorig for 10-15 dollars less in the U.S, in some tests it's a few degrees cooler than it.

Be aware both of these coolers require around 160mm clearance from your side panel (window)

Mine 147mm , so I don't have big selection

That will limit options...if I were you I'd look into liquid or AIO dare I say it... ?

Sys.BI In progress

Phantek EvolvX, HX1200i,EKWB Loop,DDR4.3600... Waiting on Ryzen Gen III to complete

Sys.A:(NAS)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @4,??? MHz

Paste: Kryonaut

Cooling: EVGA CLC-240 

Mainboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 

Memory: G.Skill DDR4 3200

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX-2060 Ventus 

Storage: Toshiba Enterprise MC/MG Physicals + WD M.2 

Power: Thermaltake Tough-Power Grand RGB 850 (80+Gold) Chassis: Fractal Design Node 804 

Fans: BioniX P-120s

Controllers: Deep Cool FH-10, Sata-Six Raid Card

I/0: Microsoft & AmboLove WR | AmboLove Track

Sound: ABox 

Salsa Preference: Spicy

NB:

Hewlett Packard EliteBook Folio 9470M (Intel i7)

Other Things:

Amazon Fire Tablet 8 v7

On 1/20/2019 at 4:35 AM, HypedKid said:

Mine 147mm , so I don't have big selection

What case are you using? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

The Gammaxx 400 will be better than the stock cooler but there may be better alternatives if the main goal is silence.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm using a Gammaxx 300R with a max height of 144mm. If you are having clearance issues then this one will fit you. It's almost the same performance as the Gammaxx 400 but with no extra fan clips and a potentially difficult to replace fan. I don't know if this model is still available at your place though. 

P.S. I haven't tried it on my Ryzen 1600 but I do use it on my E5-2670.