Kingston SSD 240 GB

Guest sadri0527

i want to build a cheap pc,

is it safe to set windows 10 on a cheap ssd.

just pure for the os on the ssd, would it a problem later on.

the kingston SSD 240.

The kingston drives are pretty crap.

Save up and buy something better.

Also it's a waste of money to put just your OS on an SSD.

The point of an SSD is to speed up programs and files, not just make your computer boot a few seconds faster.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The point of an SSD is to speed up programs and files, not just make your computer boot a few seconds faster.

yeah you right but it's not really for a gaming pc just basic task's browsing.

The kingston drives are still better than most of the drives that were floating around just 4-5 years ago, while they might not be as high of quality as older, higher end ssds they're often faster in certain ways.

I would never ever suggest anyone install an OS to a HDD when 120gb SSD's are $20-25. Your operating system is far more involved than your average program or files. Why would I store my OS which is used every second that I'm using the computer on a garbage hard drive so I can store something as worthless as my files and movies which are hardly ever accessed for up to years at a time on a SSD?

21 minutes ago, Enderman said:

They're decent enough for the average joe. At least they're not like the off brand ones from Ali Express. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

36 minutes ago, sadri0527 said:

i want to build a cheap pc,

is it safe to set windows 10 on a cheap ssd.

just pure for the os on the ssd, would it a problem later on.

the kingston SSD 240.

If all you're doing is putting Windows 10 on an SSD and nothing else, get this. If you want to have your SSD contain programs and games, consider the 240GB and 480GB versions of that drive instead. I'm using a boatload of those SSDs in all capacities and have never had an issue with them.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

9 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If all you're doing is putting Windows 10 on an SSD and nothing else, get this. If you want to have your SSD contain programs and games, consider the 240GB and 480GB versions of that drive instead. I'm using a boatload of those SSDs in all capacities and have never had an issue with them.

yes i completly agree with you, because is so cheap i asked myself if it is reliable.

and hdd is so slow it will make a difference.

thank you for your comment mate.

I have like 20 ssd’s. The Kingston are far from the cheapest. Took my old ones and put them back in raid 1 on my stream rig. 

667C124D-2B9A-43B7-A123-43828F8BF035.jpeg

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

If you live in the US, I recommend the team l5 lite 3D 240gb for $31.50