G-SYNC/Adaptive sync nvidia 417.71 issues

vESP
Go to solution Solved by BadDay,
14 hours ago, vESP said:

i installed the update to my drivers and enabled g-sync option, my monitor is not part of the validated list but it is a freesync 144hz benq xl2730z.

when i hit apply the monitor went black but still was detected by windows and remained the primary display.  it stayed black for 5 minutes i had to uninstall the driver with the monitor powered off to get visual back. 

could this be a cable issue as i am not sure what cable im using i know its display port but not if its 1.2a.

please help 

I have the same monitor and was having the same issues; 

-set refresh to 120hz

-disable blur reduction

-using 2 g-sync monitors at the same time is not recommended, if that's the case, disable g-sync for one of them. 

hope this helps, working really well @ 120hz. 

i installed the update to my drivers and enabled g-sync option, my monitor is not part of the validated list but it is a freesync 144hz benq xl2730z.

when i hit apply the monitor went black but still was detected by windows and remained the primary display.  it stayed black for 5 minutes i had to uninstall the driver with the monitor powered off to get visual back. 

could this be a cable issue as i am not sure what cable im using i know its display port but not if its 1.2a.

please help 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

I've read threads on various sites of 4 people failing to get that particular monitor working at all. Same thing you're experiencing. For now, it seems like that monitor will not work. Perhaps future drivers updates will have better results.

Just now, King Poet said:

I've read threads on various sites of 4 people failing to get that particular monitor working at all. Same thing you're experiencing. For now, it seems like that monitor will not work. Perhaps future drivers updates will have better results.

that is super unfortunate. thanks for the reply.

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

1 hour ago, vESP said:

please help 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/agefad/benq_xl2730z_monitor_owners_you_will_need/

Did you try restarting with the new driver installed? One half of my certified compatible monitor was black until after a restart.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

14 hours ago, vESP said:

please help 

-set refresh to 120hz

-disable blur reduction

-using 2 g-sync monitors at the same time is not recommended, if that's the case, disable g-sync for one of them. 

11 hours ago, BadDay said:

-set refresh to 120hz

-disable blur reduction

it refreshed immediatly so im assuming it worked. will test in game later today when i get a chance. thanks in advance!!!

35 minutes ago, vESP said:

it refreshed immediatly so im assuming it worked. will test in game later today when i get a chance. thanks in advance!!!

ok tested it and it runs horrible. 20 fps in some games what. the hell. 

That's weird, I've read that this monitor works only with firmware V2, you might wanna check your version. 

I got it working @ 140 and 144 hertz too, 144 is a little bugged (only in windows and switching the monitor on and off, very unstable), but 140 is ok. 

I also got the latest drivers for this monitor, then it showed this 140hz option in BFV.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, BadDay said:

That's weird, I've read that this monitor works only with firmware V2, you might wanna check your version. 

I got it working @ 140 and 144 hertz too, 144 is a little bugged (only in windows and switching the monitor on and off, very unstable), but 140 is ok. 

I also got the latest drivers for this monitor, then it showed this 140hz option in BFV.  

did not get a chance to reply. the fps issue was due to my pump not being on so my gear of throttling. thanks for the help !!