Upgrade RX580 question

skwannabe89

Located in USA

Currently rocking MSI rx580 amor dual fan 8gb. Mainly playing pubg on a 1080p 24"  60 hz monitor with a I5-3570k 8 gigs cooled by hyper 212. Nothing is overclocked.

Noticing for certain maps, frames drop below 60 fps on high quality setting and I want to improve the performance. At least consistent 60 FPS on high if not be able to max out on ultra.

Here is the question,

Should I return the rx580 and get a RTX2070

or

I also have been wanting to upgrade monitor to a 144hz 24 monitor

Please help me decide.

Do you get less frame drops on lower settings?  That will tell you if your bottleneck is cpu.

But yeah, PUBG's optimization also isn't anything much to go on.  I personally wouldn't pair more than an RX 580 with a 3570k.  Not to say you can't see benefits by doing so but your goal seems to be framerates not resolution.

thank you everyone for your inputs. I'll go ahead and just grab a 144hz gaming monitor instead at this time. any recommendations for 24 inch 1080p 144hz? which panel should i look at? TN, IPS, or VA? mostly playing pubg

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.