AMD G versions vs NON GPU versions

PedMar

Guys!

I want to know if the G versions (that include integrated graphic cards) perform less than Ryzen 1 or 2 series.

I think I saw in one of Linus videos saying that non G versions perform better because they don't have to provide graphics performance.

If you guys have a video or website that explains it better its a plus!

Thank you!

The G versions just have an integrated GPU. They perform the same as their counterparts, per say but the higher end ryzen chips would easily perform better than the lower end ryzen chips. I think the 2200g is just the ryzen 3 1200 and the 2400g is just a ryzen 5 1400.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Brute force cpu performance wise, they're the same. 

They have just a bit less overclocking potential, and the cpu cores may not boost as often to high frequencies when you're gaming  if you use the default stock cooler the cpu comes with because the gpu part also produces some heat.

Also, these processors have the integrated graphics connected using a pci-e x8 connection inside the cpu, which leaves just 8 lanes going out to the motherboard for dedicated video, so when you install a dedicated graphics card it may be a tiny bit slower compared to when using non-graphics cpus because it only connects at x8 to the cpu instead of x16.

If you have a separate graphics card and you disable the internal graphics, cpu will be able to boost at higher frequencies but you'd still have the x8 limitation on the pci-e slot afaik.

The tradeoff is worth it, if you don't have a separate graphics card.

3 hours ago, PedMar said:

I want to know if the G versions (that include integrated graphic cards) perform less than Ryzen 1 or 2 series.

They are a bit better because 1x4 Core CCX instead of 2x2. That can give you a slight performance advantage...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, mariushm said:

Brute force cpu performance wise, they're the same. 

No because of the CCX Configuration, the APU parts are a bit better...

Though due to price, the 2400G makes no sense if you want to use it with an external GPU as the 2600 is like 10€ more or so but has +2 Cores/4 Threads...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"