Cannot erase data from USB

I am having some problems with my 32gb usb 3.0 device(Lexar), i wanted to burn windows 10 on it using Rufus, but in the process my PC shut down. Now i cannot do anything with the USB, cannot format(tried windows format and using the CMD method to delete the drive but to no avail), if i delete something from it it comes right back, trying to delete a folder causes the device to freeze up. Also the usb doesnt give out how much GB it has used/in total until i change its name then it displays, but again i cannot delete anything. Is there any hope for this usb?

Screenshot_56.png

Screenshot_57.png

Screenshot_58.png

1 minute ago, malaeckov said:

I am having some problems with my 32gb usb 3.0 device(Lexar), i wanted to burn windows 10 on it using Rufus, but in the process my PC shut down. Now i cannot do anything with the USB, cannot format(tried windows format and using the CMD method to delete the drive but to no avail), if i delete something from it it comes right back, trying to delete a folder causes the device to freeze up. Also the usb doesnt give out how much GB it has used/in total until i change its name then it displays, but again i cannot delete anything. Is there any hope for this usb?

Screenshot_56.png

Screenshot_57.png

Screenshot_58.png

Idk if this will help, but when i was installing windows it wouldn't work unless i moved the installers onto the drive even though theres a selection menu.

I may be wrong.

I think it might be because it recognized windows install files. If you have another flash drive, put a ubuntu boot cd on that, boot into linux, then try to format from there. you don't have to do it in the terminal.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

3 minutes ago, malaeckov said:

Screenshot_56.png

Screenshot_57.png

Screenshot_58.png

Try low-level format: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

6 minutes ago, redteam4ever said:

Low-format gives me Format errors, then just closes

7 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

I think it might be because it recognized windows install files. If you have another flash drive, put a ubuntu boot cd on that, boot into linux, then try to format from there. you don't have to do it in the terminal.

will do

37 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Juat tried that didnt work got an error

40 minutes ago, malaeckov said:

Low-format gives me Format errors, then just closes

will do

Interesting... Did you try to run Rufus again? Maybe it does some magic with MBR/GPT or the partitions.

Are you familiar with Linux? I usually use Ubuntu to repair failed filesystems, because it has a lot of tools for diagnosing and repairing of corrupted disks - if you don't have any kinfd of Linux, you should be able to install Ubuntu bash (Windows subsystem for Linux - installation instructions) from Windows Store and try to diagnose the drive from there.

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

Have you tried do anything like converting it to a dynamic disk and then back to a basic disk?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 hours ago, redteam4ever said:

Interesting... Did you try to run Rufus again? Maybe it does some magic with MBR/GPT or the partitions.

Are you familiar with Linux? I usually use Ubuntu to repair failed filesystems, because it has a lot of tools for diagnosing and repairing of corrupted disks - if you don't have any kinfd of Linux, you should be able to install Ubuntu bash (Windows subsystem for Linux - installation instructions) from Windows Store and try to diagnose the drive from there.

will try it out buddy, also when i run rufus i got this interesting error message

1 hour ago, nick name said:

Have you tried do anything like converting it to a dynamic disk and then back to a basic disk?

nope, since in widnows disk manager when i try to convert it to a dynamic disk it just dispears and says that i need to open the disk manager again

Screenshot_59.png

5 minutes ago, malaeckov said:

will try it out buddy, also when i run rufus i got this interesting error message

nope, since in widnows disk manager when i try to convert it to a dynamic disk it just dispears and says that i need to open the disk manager again

Screenshot_59.png

I did it through command prompts when I couldn't accomplish it in explorer.

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/convert-basic-disk-to-dynamic-or-dynamic-disk-to-basic.html

I don't think those were the instructions I used, but they look complete.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, malaeckov said:

Screenshot_59.png

This seems like the File Explorer is somehow locking the device. You can try to unassign the drive letter (right click on the partition in Disk Management > Change Drive Letter and Paths and delete the assigned letter), so the explorer wouldn't be able to see the drive and if the error continues to show, just kill the explorer.exe process in task manager and try again. Maybe Rufus will be able to continue then (you might need to restart Rufus or your PC in the process so the changes are detected).

10 minutes ago, redteam4ever said:

This seems like the File Explorer is somehow locking the device. You can try to unassign the drive letter (right click on the partition in Disk Management > Change Drive Letter and Paths and delete the assigned letter), so the explorer wouldn't be able to see the drive and if the error continues to show, just kill the explorer.exe process in task manager and try again. Maybe Rufus will be able to continue then (you might need to restart Rufus or your PC in the process so the changes are detected).

nope, rufus gives an  error that it cannot format because of unknown reasons

12 minutes ago, nick name said:

I did it through command prompts when I couldn't accomplish it in explorer.

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/convert-basic-disk-to-dynamic-or-dynamic-disk-to-basic.html

I don't think those were the instructions I used, but they look complete.

Nope, still nothing but i noticed CMD says that there is no free space on the drive, but when i delete it it return back normal with the windows install

Screenshot_60.png

Screenshot_61.png

Screenshot_62.png

7 minutes ago, malaeckov said:

nope, rufus gives an  error that it cannot format because of unknown reasons

Nope, still nothing but i noticed CMD says that there is no free space on the drive, but when i delete it it return back normal with the windows install

Screenshot_60.png

Screenshot_61.png

Screenshot_62.png

Wait, so did it work?

And did you try converting to dynamic and then back to basic?

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

Wait, so did it work?

And did you try converting to dynamic and then back to basic?

Sadly not, still the same issues