Please help. Everything's Chugging.

Flashie
Go to solution Solved by vjizzle2384,
7 minutes ago, Flashie said:

For the past almost month and a half i've laid off of playing my favourite game GTA Online because i cannot watch videos on my second monitor while playing it anymore as i've been doing for the past 4 years on this same build of mine.

I have an MSI GTX 970 Armour, 16GB of DDR3 1600MHz Kingston HyperX RAM, and an i7-4790k all stock with no overclocks done by me.

Whenever i alt tab out of GTA, the chugging stops, But as soon as i'm in GTA, everything goes to ****. Videos on the second monitor start buffering and stumbling forward more than a learner in a manual car.

I've had it so bad that even my keyboard's software has had trouble controlling the LED's (it made for a pretty cool video though:

Hide contents

I suspect this is a big part of the problem im having. My game also happened to crash from the sheer lack of capability to continue the intense chugging, which is why you see the usage dropping so much.
82gAF7K.png

No other programs were active at the time except for a single no-extensions-enabled tab of Brave Browser, and GTA Online. Some services running in the background like my corsair lighting, which makes no difference if i disable or enable it.

Please be my saviour.

I fired up Afterburner and took stats as i alt tabbed between GTA and my video. The chugging stops/starts depending on which of the two are the active window.
CPU temps are at 80 (Nothing i can do. Africa's a bi*ch this time of year). 

I want to know why does only 2 of my CPU/Threads do all of the active work (maxed out usage while the rest is basically 0%) 

Go into your BIOS and default every setting.  If that does not work make sure your in your Power Option the Processors Power is 100% on the Maximum.  OR the worst is that your CPU or GPU is degraded and need replaced.  Try get another or borrow a CPU and GPU and retest.

For the past almost month and a half i've laid off of playing my favourite game GTA Online because i cannot watch videos on my second monitor while playing it anymore as i've been doing for the past 4 years on this same build of mine.

I have an MSI GTX 970 Armour, 16GB of DDR3 1600MHz Kingston HyperX RAM, and an i7-4790k all stock with no overclocks done by me.

Whenever i alt tab out of GTA, the chugging stops, But as soon as i'm in GTA, everything goes to ****. Videos on the second monitor start buffering and stumbling forward more than a learner in a manual car.

I've had it so bad that even my keyboard's software has had trouble controlling the LED's (it made for a pretty cool video though: 

82gAF7K.png

I fired up Afterburner and took stats as i alt tabbed between GTA and my video. The chugging stops/starts depending on which of the two are the active window.

I want to know why does only 2 of my CPU/Threads do all of the active work (maxed out usage while the rest is basically 0%) 

No other programs were active at the time except for a single no-extensions-enabled tab of Brave Browser, and GTA Online. Some services running in the background like my corsair lighting, which makes no difference if i disable or enable it.

Please be my saviour.

7 minutes ago, Flashie said:

Hide contents

I suspect this is a big part of the problem im having. My game also happened to crash from the sheer lack of capability to continue the intense chugging, which is why you see the usage dropping so much.
82gAF7K.png

Please be my saviour.

Go into your BIOS and default every setting.  If that does not work make sure your in your Power Option the Processors Power is 100% on the Maximum.  OR the worst is that your CPU or GPU is degraded and need replaced.  Try get another or borrow a CPU and GPU and retest.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

18 minutes ago, vjizzle2384 said:

Thanks, I went into uefi and reset it all to optimized settings, forced primary monitor onto GPU, and enabled cpu multi-monitor (Because VGA over mobo and HDMI over gpu). Now it's running a lot smoother. Still very minor frames being dropped along with the least-noticeable chugs, But it works now. So to you good sir,  I say thanks.

aFgTB82.png (current)

28 minutes ago, Flashie said:

Thanks, I went into uefi and reset it all to optimized settings, forced primary monitor onto GPU, and enabled cpu multi-monitor (Because VGA over mobo and HDMI over gpu). Now it's running a lot smoother. Still very minor frames being dropped along with the least-noticeable chugs, But it works now. So to you good sir,  I say thanks.

aFgTB82.png (current)

you welcome glad it worked i see that your CPU usage is better, but also sometimes Memory might need upgrade to a higher Mhz might help alot to like 2600 or 3000mhz, on my system GTA is a CPU and memory hog.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384