Rtx 2070

Ncq

Hi,

I just bought a rtx 2079 and i cant get more than 180/190 fps on csgo, high settings, and in low resolution cant get more than more than 300 fps. I think i should have more fps. Can some one helo me?

I have an I5 7600K with 16G ram.

You hit the fps cap. You can remove it easily.

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

you are cpu bottlenecked, unless you overclock the cpu. If you do, the fps will be higher. But overall, it's your cpu. , or fps capped :)

:^)

5 minutes ago, Ncq said:

There's some graphical setting in high settings that's bottlenecking your GPU, try only dropping shadows/reflections to the lowest

300fps should be plenty on the low end?

Unless a game uses more than 4 threads upgrading your CPU won't do much.

Is your CPU already overclocked to 4.9-5 ghz?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

You hit the fps cap. You can remove it easily.

How can i do it?

Just now, Streetguru said:

There's some graphical setting in high settings that's bottlenecking your GPU, try only dropping shadows/reflections to the lowest

300fps should be plenty on the low end?

Unless a game uses more than 4 threads upgrading your CPU won't do much.

Is your CPU already overclocked to 4.9-5 ghz?

No its not overclocked, 300 fps low because i can get that with my old GPU 1050ti

if you could get it with your 1050ti and it's the same on your 2070, chances are that you're CPU bottlenecked and should look into upgrading it

13 minutes ago, Ncq said:

No its not overclocked, 300 fps low because i can get that with my old GPU 1050ti

Then if you have a decent motherboard overclock the CPU to 4.9-5.0ghz

Otherwise reinstall windows to rule out any software issues

or run a benchmark like firestrike and compare it to other 1070 scores

If you mean it still gets 300fps with your 1070 then CS:GO is just CPU "bottlenecked" at 300fps

4 minutes ago, Palden said:

if you could get it with your 1050ti and it's the same on your 2070, chances are that you're CPU bottlenecked and should look into upgrading it

If CS:GO doesn't use more than 4 CPU threads it wouldn't matter if he upgraded his CPU

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

If CS:GO doesn't use more than 4 CPU threads it wouldn't matter if he upgraded his CPU

No, but his single-core performance could be his bottleneck, especially if the CPU isn't overclocked

5 minutes ago, Palden said:

No, but his single-core performance could be his bottleneck, especially if the CPU isn't overclocked

Yes, but after he overclocks modern CPUs aren't much of an upgrade

Intel hasn't really gained per core performance since Skylake.

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then if you have a decent motherboard overclock the CPU to 4.9-5.0ghz

Otherwise reinstall windows to rule out any software issues

or run a benchmark like firestrike and compare it to other 1070 scores

If you mean it still gets 300fps with your 1070 then CS:GO is just CPU "bottlenecked" at 300fps

I already unistall the windows and its the same. I dont think its the CPU because i saw reviews with simal CPU and run on more than 400 fps. Could be the power suply?

3 minutes ago, Ncq said:

I already unistall the windows and its the same. I dont think its the CPU because i saw reviews with simal CPU and run on more than 400 fps. Could be the power suply?

Going by this video there's no major difference in having more cores so an upgrade shouldn't matter

The video uses a real map at the end, fps is higher in the test area because there's not much to render.

If you're running single channel memory that might do something to the fps

Otherwise it could be some issue with the driver maybe...unlikely if benchmarks or other games are normal

really got no clue otherwise what the problem could be, is multi-threaded rendering on or off in the game?

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Going by this video there's no major difference in having more cores so an upgrade shouldn't matter

The video uses a real map at the end, fps is higher in the test area because there's not much to render.

Otherwise it could be some issue with the driver maybe...unlikely if benchmarks or other games are normal

really got no clue otherwise what the problem could be, is multi-threaded rendering on or off in the game?

I only have one ram card with 16G. With the 2070 i have the same fps with my older 1050ti. I think with the 2070 i cant drop from 300 fps. On the new COD i got a boost on fps. With 1050ti i was playing on 60/70 fps and now i play on 100/120 fps. But on csgo dont have a better preformance

3 minutes ago, Ncq said:

Well ya your CPU can only do like 300 fps in CS:GO

that's just a CPU bottleneck in that game, and it's not like you need more than 300fps anyways?

It should be a little higher, but dual channel RAM and a 5ghz OC might get you to like 320fps or something.

Your fps in COD would be the same as the 1050ti if you ran the game at like 480p on the lesser GPU

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The multi-threaded rendering in game is off i think

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Well ya your CPU can only do like 300 fps in CS:GO

that's just a CPU bottleneck in that game, and it's not like you need more than 300fps anyways?

It should be a little higher, but dual channel RAM and a 5ghz OC might get you to like 320fps or something.

Your fps in COD would be the same as the 1050ti if you ran the game at like 480p on the lesser GPU

I have a friend with a CPU worst than mine and a 1080 and he get more than 300fps. Yes 300 fps its good but no point to have a GPU card with 570€ price and do the same thing than a GPU with 170€ price, when the reviews show csgo with 2070 on 400 fps or more and dont drop from 300 fps i have half of that and even cant get the 300 fps.

2 minutes ago, Ncq said:

It's not like your software is really broken that's just the limit of modern CPUs and CS:GO

Like in GTAV you can't go above 180fps or else the game starts to break

You can't get like unlimited fps, you're always going to be bottlenecked somewhere by something.

Where are you getting 300fps? Does your fps go up if you stare at a wall or enter a test map with nothing in it?

If you're looking at a standard part of the game it's going to go down since you have to render more things.

-
-

Your CPU bottlenecks your max fps

Your GPU bottlenecks your Resolution/Quality Settings

Think of it this way, if your 1050ti can only do 300fps at 1080p, than your 1070 can do 300fps at like 4k or something

ignore exact numbers.

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It's not like your software is really broken that's just the limit of modern CPUs and CS:GO

Like in GTAV you can't go above 180fps or else the game starts to break

You can't get like unlimited fps, you're always going to be bottlenecked somewhere by something.

Where are you getting 300fps? Does your fps go up if you stare at a wall or enter a test map with nothing in it?

If you're looking at a standard part of the game it's going to go down since you have to render more things.

-
-

Your CPU bottlenecks your max fps

Your GPU bottlenecks your Resolution/Quality Settings

Think of it this way, if your 1050ti can only do 300fps at 1080p, than your 1070 can do 300fps at like 4k or something

ignore exact numbers.

On 1080p the 1050 ti i get 150/170 fps and with 2070 i get 180/190 isnt normal. When i told about the 300fps is on low setting (1280x960) with all settings low!! On that resolution i should have more than 300 fps and they couldnt drop from 300 fps like you can see in the reviews you should have more than fps

5 minutes ago, Ncq said:

On 1080p the 1050 ti i get 150/170 fps and with 2070 i get 180/190 isnt normal. When i told about the 300fps is on low setting (1280x960) with all settings low!! On that resolution i should have more than 300 fps and they couldnt drop from 300 fps like you can see in the reviews you should have more than fps

It depends on what the game is rendering, what happens when you go to a map with nothing to render or look at the floor in the game with the 1070?

There's nothing wrong with your hardware or software, you're just being CPU bottlenecked, but there's really no point in upgrading your CPU.

When you move it to higher settings you're putting more load on your GPU which will lower your fps.

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It depends on what the game is rendering, what happens when you go to a map with nothing to render or look at the floor in the game with the 1070?

There's nothing wrong with your hardware or software, you're just being CPU bottlenecked, but there's really no point in upgrading your CPU.

When you move it to higher settings you're putting more load on your GPU which will lower your fps.

You can see on this video, i know on the video use a 2080 ti but me with a rtx2070 i should have more than fps than i have